goat forum?

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a goat based forum similar to Cattle today? So far I haven't been very lucky with internet searches

There is a forum for everything. There has to be a goat forum. There's one called The Goat Spot. Tried that one? goatspot.net

Lammie":1yijijel said:
There is a forum for everything. There has to be a goat forum. There's one called The Goat Spot. Tried that one? goatspot.net

Thanks Lammie!, the goat spot seems to be what I was looking for

You guys could start a goat group in the cattleclub attached to this site, too. Personally, I don't mind the goat stuff that comes up on here from time to time. But if they go to constantly discussing every aspect of goats ad nauseum (like we do with the cattle), it would no longer be an interesting, occasional diversion. Just my 2 cents.

cypressfarms":15pfxz70 said:
Lammie":15pfxz70 said:

Thanks Lammie!, the goat spot seems to be what I was looking for

You are quite welcome. Beefy's probably on there, too. :D

Beefy":3rwqgadl said:
wow Keren gets around. i just bumped into her earlier.

You mean cyber bumped ?? Or if not then you really get around and what the heck are you doing in Australia ;-) . I wouldn't mind if Macon wanted to add another group in the horses section or something, just for goats. I would ignore it like I do the horse stuff. :lol2:

hillsdown":12vzhzro said:
Beefy":12vzhzro said:

You mean cyber bumped ?? Or if not then you really get around and what the heck are you doing in Australia ;-) . I wouldn't mind if Macon wanted to add another group in the horses section or something, just for goats. I would ignore it like I do the horse stuff. :lol2:

hillsdown":fwr5gyca said:
Beefy":fwr5gyca said:

How do you know I'm not in America? lol
oh right, because I'm stuck here feeding half a dozen kids and lambs in the kitchen!

Thanks Keren! I've joined as cypressfarms.

Look what I just put a downpayment on:

My future goat sire:
newbuck.jpg

Two 88% boer does:
newdoe.jpg

newdoe2.jpg

And I'm hoping to have 10 kiko does on their way to me from Missourri within the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to be like my idol, Beefy. I just realized though, that "Hog wire" used for cows won't work with goats, the holes are too big. I really don't need to have my girls walk out one day and find a dead goat that had hung itself :(

Looks like the fencing cost will be just as much as the buckling and 13 does.

I'll always love the cows - but these guys (goats) seem pretty entertaining!

ha! the tables have turned... now i'm trying to be like cypressfarms and have joined the goat forum too. and instead of feeding my goats peanuts and cokes tomorrow i'm giving them jambalaya.

what if macon orchestrated a fieldtrip to australia for us all. or if thats not doable new zealand works for me. FIELDTRIP!!

MO_cows":1nlyc1gf said:
You guys could start a goat group in the cattleclub attached to this site, too. Personally, I don't mind the goat stuff that comes up on here from time to time. But if they go to constantly discussing every aspect of goats ad nauseum (like we do with the cattle), it would no longer be an interesting, occasional diversion. Just my 2 cents.

I seems there is a lot of old goats in this forum anyway.

Cypress, If your fences will hold water, they'll hold those goats. (that's my vast knowledge about goats - besides knowing how to get them out of the truck etc. Oh yeah, never leave your door open)

true. one of my goats was in my dads truck the day after i got them.

Keren":2k6rnnbk said:
wow that paint doe in the background behind him is STUNNING

She's the moma to the buckling pictured. She's got a big 'ol butt on her. Although the buckling is only a couple of weeks old, he appears to have that same stocky build.

I was hoping she was his mum ... she's fantastic. He should throw some nice kids for you, with that sort of breeding behind him.

Glad to hear you guys have joined TGS ... its a friendly group although you'll find out pretty quick the folks there have a bit of a different mindset to cattle people LOL

Probably should start a goat subforum on here somewhere. After all, if you'll have a forum section devoted to horses, you'll do most anything......... :mrgreen:

Latest posts