GO SEAHAWKS

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know what they were thinking trying to pass there. I would have put my season on lynch getting it in the end zone. Guess it's easy to say that from my recliner.

A.J.":w43duvyg said:
I don't know what they were thinking trying to pass there. I would have put my season on lynch getting it in the end zone. Guess it's easy to say that from my recliner.

anyone with a brain would have handed it to lynch again

A.J.":2vqs47nr said:

I agree completely from my recliner, stupid call with Lych having multiple tries to punch it in. One of the best superbowls I've seen in years. Great game with lots of crazy plays.

Alan":alt8ioek said:
A.J.":alt8ioek said:

I agree completely from my recliner, stupid call with Lych having multiple tries to punch it in. One of the best superbowls I've seen in years. Great game with lots of crazy plays.
Everyone in the stadium was expecting Lynch to the get the ball--Seattle gambled that the NE Defense would be concentrating on Lynch and miss a receiver, but that shows just how good NE and their coaching and their team discipline really is. Good game--no body gave up and the best team won.
The 2nd down pass play came in from Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell and head coach Pete Carroll--both accepted responsibility in the post game interview--it was not an option that Wilson called at the line of scrimmage.

Carroll said the call for a quick slant to Lockette was dictated by the Patriots deploying their run-stuffing package.

"We were going to run the ball to win the game — just not on that play," Carroll said. "They had sent in their goal-line people. They had guys on the line of scrimmage. So we thought we'd spread them out with three wides. ... We had three downs and we had a timeout.

The rookie conerback made the play of a lifetime tho.

3waycross":382q3863 said:
A.J.":382q3863 said:

anyone with a brain would have handed it to lynch again

X2. The best running back in the league has 3 chances from the 1 and you call a slant??? :shock: I was speechless.

I can't help but wonder if the game was fixed. What a shame to see two great teams battle back and forth and then see one win on a call that nobody EVER would make. I was not rooting for either team but I have to tell you, it makes me wonder?

3waycross":1r3youqi said:
Well the package from UPS arrived while I was in Kansas hunting. After receiving such a nice outfit to wear for the game I have decided to go ahead and root for Kathie's beloved Seahags.

Are you sure you didn't intend to post this on the "What do you do in your spare time?" thread?

Also, gives a different perspective on your "3way-Cross" moniker. :lol:

Time. That would be the only reason to pass. Incomplete, you stop the clock.

They were having issues with plays beforehand. Had to take time-outs because they were running out of time on the play clock. Didn't want to waste another. Run the ball and don't make it, what are you going to do with 20 seconds ticking away.

They needed a QB. When he finally completed passes some of them were under thrown.

Was he not hearing the play call? What was causing the delays in the last 5 minutes? Who shoulders this? I have not heard the real story. All I hear are Monday morn QBing stories and what coulda, shoulda, wanna been. Huddle up, call the play, break huddle, line up, execute. No delay of game. Everyone does it within the allotted time frame. They could not? Why? It cost them timeouts. It ultimately cost them the game.

Latest posts