Go home dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Kjfred

Reaction score
Neighbors were gone for a week, our dog was in heat so you can guess where their blue tick took up residence. I don't mind a dog visiting now and then, dogs will be dogs after all, but he seems to like it better here even after they returned. Have lit him up with the shock collar when we catch him coming back down the driveway and hauled him back quite a few times now and it seems to make him stay away a little longer. Gonna try a bunch of shooting this afternoon as they say he is gun shy. Any other good ideas to make him dislike our place?
Neighbors are about the best kind of folks you could ask for in a neighbor and are on board with about anything.

jehosofat":3u9o30n8 said:
Take your dog to the neighbors and he'll stay there. :lol2:
The thought crossed my mind.
As far as the fence goes we suggested a few times the underground or wireless fence. Sounds like their best bet. Dog seems to find a way out of kennels

Kjfred":1le3gl9k said:
Neighbors were gone for a week, our dog was in heat so you can guess where their blue tick took up residence. I don't mind a dog visiting now and then, dogs will be dogs after all, but he seems to like it better here even after they returned. Have lit him up with the shock collar when we catch him coming back down the driveway and hauled him back quite a few times now and it seems to make him stay away a little longer. Gonna try a bunch of shooting this afternoon as they say he is gun shy. Any other good ideas to make him dislike our place?
Neighbors are about the best kind of folks you could ask for in a neighbor and are on board with about anything.

What kind of shock collar do you have because mine after about 2 times they seem to stop the bad habit. You have your shock collar on their dog?

Their collar. It lights him up. He just doesn't know what to do it seems. Usually just lays down under my truck when I get after him. Then I take him home. Not sure how to make him understand what he is doing wrong, best I can figure is to make his stay unpleasant.

Kjfred":3rds098x said:
Their collar. It lights him up. He just doesn't know what to do it seems. Usually just lays down under my truck when I get after him. Then I take him home. Not sure how to make him understand what he is doing wrong, best I can figure is to make his stay unpleasant.

If you turn the collar all the way up and HOLD the button on the controller all the way down until it stops shocking, then repeat, then repeat, then repeat.... I promise you, he WILL figure out what to do. Some are slow learners.

Nothing will work if he's after a dog in heat. He'll breed her through a chain link fence. I thought that was common knowledge.

ga.prime":1c01xrem said:
Nothing will work if he's after a dog in heat. He'll breed her through a chain link fence. I thought that was common knowledge.

If you adjust the tri-tronics right and let him ride the lightning he won't be able 'to perform' even if he wants to. The one I've got will make him shyt on himself. Ever seen the green mile? If you was riding the lightning it wouldn't matter if Marilyn Monroe was standing there waiting :hide: :lol2:

ga.prime":2bz0v2io said:
We didn't even try to make him stay home while she was in heat. Just kept em apart.

Kjfred":1562ffxd said:
ga.prime":1562ffxd said:
We didn't even try to make him stay home while she was in heat. Just kept em apart.
Ok, I think I got you now. The dog started coming around because your dog was in heat. Now your dog is not in heat and the dog still wants to hang around. In that case, I'd use some loud language and throw things at him. :D

I know of a blue healer that kept coming to visit some ones female and the people were gone out of town for a month so they could not keep him home. So this person that own the female, not saying who it was, just went out there one day and put one of them little green calf bands on him and the visits stopped and he lived to be and old dog that like to just lay around on the porch and not roam around.
Just saying it worked.

Kjfred":359a5l79 said:

How about having your dog spayed. The dog knows she will be in heat twice a year and maybe he thinks that if he hangs around he will notice it before you do. Are you in the future planning to breed your dog for puppies if not why wait to spay.

The plan is to get her fixed but when is the Mrs department.
Neighbor dog situation has improved. Combination of tying, running him off and no more heat I assume. He only visits once in a while and not for long. I don't mind that. A dog is going to be a dog

I'm surprised the hound is staying around because hounds typically don't have a homing beacon and that's why the hunters keep gps collars on them when they're being hunted.

Latest posts