Go Fund Me

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman":2gy1jygz said:
Makes you wonder why they ain't working more hours?
No need. YOu never run out of suckers. That's not a lot of folks to fool when you think about it. Go much higher and you'll end up in another tax bracket...the point of diminishing return.

TexasBred":owbolsxn said:
fenceman":owbolsxn said:
Makes you wonder why they ain't working more hours?
No need. YOu never run out of suckers. That's not a lot of folks to fool when you think about it. Go much higher and you'll end up in another tax bracket...the point of diminishing return.

Guess I didn't figure they paid taxes. But with a deal like that. Maybe they do.

Personally, I don't mind the appeals for true hard luck cases (there've been a few where, for example, half the family was wiped out in a car crash).

But they stand next to appeals for money for business ventures, traveling for sports events, religious missions, beauty pageants....I always think that those are odd and look rather crass considering some of the more urgent needs posted.

We were quite poor growing up. We were eligible for free school lunches but my (hardworking) mom would've died before signing us up. So some days I got lunch, other days....

Guess that had an effect on my attitude toward these things....

M-5":1s3ri4be said:
saw one this morning where a guy started a go fund me to raise a 3k reward to recover and arrest the individual who killed his 2 penned dogs and stole his JD gator

I'd probably donate to that real quick.....not for the gator but for the dogs.

I will have my link posted later.. I want you all to give from your heart... I need a milker and a new kitchen set up to make cheeses..

I just didn't feel right about it from the start. Then my sister made a good point. She said, when Lincoln (my son) asks dad, how did we build this ranch? Do I really wanna answer, well I asked for money on the Internet and got it? So I took it down. I think I would rather have a private investor

boondocks":3voxcyll said:
Personally, I don't mind the appeals for true hard luck cases (there've been a few where, for example, half the family was wiped out in a car crash).

But they stand next to appeals for money for business ventures, traveling for sports events, religious missions, beauty pageants....I always think that those are odd and look rather crass considering some of the more urgent needs posted.

We were quite poor growing up. We were eligible for free school lunches but my (hardworking) mom would've died before signing us up. So some days I got lunch, other days....

Guess that had an effect on my attitude toward these things....
X2

Late reading this post, but I can honestly say that I would rather do without than beg. I believe in working for what you have. That is what I was taught. Tried to get students to see that for years. Any thing worth having requires work. It means a lot more to you when you work for it.

BIZIN":lskdh86n said:
I just didn't feel right about it from the start. Then my sister made a good point. She said, when Lincoln (my son) asks dad, how did we build this ranch? Do I really wanna answer, well I asked for money on the Internet and got it? So I took it down. I think I would rather have a private investor

Biz, your sister is wise. And I think it didn't quite sit right with you from the start...

Williamsv":311j2a8i said:
Late reading this post, but I can honestly say that I would rather do without than beg. I believe in working for what you have. That is what I was taught. Tried to get students to see that for years. Any thing worth having requires work. It means a lot more to you when you work for it.
X3........ You guys and/or gals are spot on. Thank you for being you. Sometimes I let my kids read some of the post here on CT. These last few included. I know they believe me when I explain how I grew up, and how their grand and great grandparents grew up. I've even walked them thru the old house, and have shown them the outhouse and the spring from where water was carried several times a day.....the old wood cook stove and heater stove, and Grannies wringer washer. They love seeing and hearing the stories, but there is still a disconnect. They haven't had to live like that for a single day, week, or year in their lives (except for ice storm Christmas 2000). They were too young to remember how much hard work it took to satisfy our daily needs for 3 weeks without electricity. I cherish that 3 week period as one of a handful of my/our best life experiences.

You are doing what all parents and grandparents need to do. Take time to share the past. I always loved to hear my grandparents and parents talk about their days growing up and all the chores that they did and how life was. In fact, just tonight I shared with my cousin's son,who is the same age as my daughter about his dad and I growing up together on our grandparents' farm and the wonderful times that the ten cousins had. Six of us were close in age.
We often talk about how my grandfather came down from North GA as a young man just starting out and worked and was able to buy the farms that he did and left to his three children. All of this was done by hard work from sun up to sun down.
I fear that our young people are not learning how important it is to work and earn money to buy the things that you want in time. They think that they must have it all at once not willing to work and patiently wait until you earn the money needed to purchase the things that you desire.

Latest posts