Go Fund Me

Help Support CattleToday:

BIZIN

Reaction score
So the other night at work I was looking at Kickstarter and go fund me sites and could not believe the amount of people asking for money for the stupidest things. From the guy caught in the Calgary stampede sex video asking to fund a welding truck to someone wanting money for a hot dog and instead of getting 10 bucks getting 10 grand. Or a couple years ago the guy wanting money to make the best potato salad and getting a hundred and some thousand. There are some great causes on there to but it got me thinking. As a struggling young cattlemen with a young family, why not try to raise funds for a down payment on some land.

So therfore I created a go fund me account to see if people believe in helping out someone who actually wants to accomplish something with those funds.

So have a look: http://www.gofundme.com/z5z3kzc

My wife thinks it's embarrassing but why not? I know there are other projects that need the funding but if someone is willing to throw money away for a guy to buy a hot dog why not throw that money to my cause instead.

Like I state in my info on the site, I believe in paying it forward and my plan is to match whatever is raised once we are on our feet and do the same thing with another young guy or gal in the same situation. Someone not afraid to work their butt off, take risks and believe in their dream.

And one day maybe start a scholarship fund or producer led funding project for young farmers and ranchers to get them started.

Agree or disagree with this, feel free to comment either way.

I had mixed feelings about it up until a couple weeks ago, when Patty Wagstaff created a GoFundMe account. I know there are legitimate reasons to ask for help, and I thought the GoFund Me concept offered an avenue for those less fortunate, offering much more exposure to those who give/donate. But Patty asking for $450,000 to buy a new plane was over the top, and doesn't set well with me. So now, unless I personally know of a worthy cause, I keep my benevolence close to "home"

Oh trust me, doing it on my own tastes much sweeter, I just saw all these yahoo's on there and thought, why not. Back on night shift tonight and I honestly just feel dirty about it. For some reason I have a bad taste in my mouth.

Not even 24 hours and I deleted it. 10 hours into a night shift last night it seemed like a great idea, but the more I think about it the more dirty I feel. So how would I feel if it ever raised that much. Deleted account and campaign.

I still think that what our industry needs is some sort of producer funded program for young farmers and ranchers to submit applications for funding. Where large amounts of equity and working capital aren't needed. Young people with work ethic and drive and a dream can submit a business plan for approval.

I had a kickstarters for a invention i had. BUT, after watching lots of successful projects get funded, i decided that i'd just offer my product up for sale instead of asking for money for nothing. I planned to presale them to pay for having a mold made. That way, if i did meet my goal, which i made way too high, everyone would get what they paid for and i would have my mold and inventory paid for without going into debt before.
It was crazy at the messages i got from people who just wanted to give me money for nothing and asked why i didnt have that option. I didnt want money for nothing, i wanted to sell inventory i didnt have to prepay to have that inventory made. Anywho, i didnt meet my goal.
It could be a good way for people with inventions to get them funded and made. I just dont like asking for money for nothing, like a wave hello, or i'll put your name on my wall.

I have absolutely no problem with those sites or the idea. I have thought about doing it myself at times. A new truck or tractor would be very handy. Nobody is forcing anyone to pay into it. Have far bigger issues with most government ideas of where money should go.

I say go for it Bizin. I'll put in $10.

I only need a dollar from a million people to make my son's gig work. People do some dumb stuff with their money. But I'm not the begging type.

I just need to find out how spammers make $8000/month working a couple hours a day from their computers.

ga.prime":26gl4f9k said:
I just need to find out how spammers make $8000/month working a couple hours a day from their computers.
They simply get a few hundred people "buy the pkg" at $29.95 every month. :lol:

Aaron":ec5uvz93 said:
I have absolutely no problem with those sites or the idea. I have thought about doing it myself at times. A new truck or tractor would be very handy. Nobody is forcing anyone to pay into it. Have far bigger issues with most government ideas of where money should go.

I say go for it Bizin. I'll put in $10.

I agree. Its not begging. Your not going up to people asking for their money. They go to this site to find people to give their money to.

Just think for a minute the level of illegitimacy with that stuff. I wouldn't spend 2 seconds studying that con game.

TexasBred":kuvt860a said:
ga.prime":kuvt860a said:
They simply get a few hundred people "buy the pkg" at $29.95 every month. :lol:
Right, and it works until they run out of suckers. Saw one awhile ago where some "girl" named "Marry Jane" (yes, Marry Jane) that was making $9500/month working 12 hrs a week online and her sister's friend has been making $15,000/month for several months in a row now working 20 hr weeks online.

Latest posts