GM grass linked to Texas cattle deaths

Help Support CattleToday:

EVEN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ARTICLE IS A CORRECTION THAT THE GRASS IS A HYBRID AND IS NOT GENETICALLY MODIFIED.

EVEN CBS RECOGNIZES THIS DISTINCTION WHICH IS UNUSUAL FOR THEM.

its interseting to me either way..dam shame too..but how that happens is very odd..when the grass is stressed? to keep animals from eating it?
regardless whether its a hybrid or gm.

gary

dieselbeef":2iswtzew said:
its interseting to me either way..dam shame too..but how that happens is very odd..when the grass is stressed? to keep animals from eating it?

gary
even though its drought tolerant,, we can have enough rains here to cause a problems rains enough to cause the grass to grow then drought periods he probably felt confident and turned them out on it after some rains while the prussic acid was strong in the blades, and they gourged themselves ,, i lost a calf to it on a small patch of johnson grass it aint a pretty sight but they love it and will wade through other grass's, to get to it....

dieselbeef":35jhjn7b said:

gary
The grass was lush...the calves were stressed...and turned in on it. Management error!!

TexasBred":26c1pohi said:
dieselbeef":26c1pohi said:

gary
The grass was lush...the calves were stressed...and turned in on it. Management error!!
rodeo stock ,what we called hard cattle ... this could happen to the best of em... biggest thing here is,,, media error............. and im sure inbreds posts aint helped matters

Hybrid anything has had it genes modified. Roundup ready anything was genetically engineered. The press is too stupid to be able to differentiate between the two, however they are not alone in their stupidity. I know some folks have trouble with a dictionary but have someone read the definition of both words. Then think about putting the two together. Genetic modification has been going on for centuries. Only the press and stupid people can't understand that.

every time there is reproduction involving fertilization or pollenation......
each parent contributes a random sample of 1/2 of its genetics.....
so every plant and animal alive in the world is genetically modified by your broad based definitions....
because none of them are clones of an individual.....
therefore the genetics were modified.....
no wait.....
that cloning is is bad too....
cloning is immoral, illegal and fattening....

And it was all from something naturally occurring, genetically engineered does not start naturally.

pdfangus":1lxuv3c9 said:
hard to be wrong when you argue both sides of a discussion.....
Before the hybridization of corn a corn plant had the identical genetic makeup of its parents. After the genetic modification of the corn thru hybridization corn no longer was identical to its parents. anyone who knows anything about corn would know that.

dieselbeef":3n0plwbe said:
natural genetic mutations are NOT the same as man made gentic mutations..even stupid people can see that
It took you awhile before you see though. Hybridization is man made.

i get it..roundup resistant corn is not the same as a mixed hybrid from 2 different pollens blowing together..its pretty simple...you muddy it up by talking too fancy ..dont fergit..i one o them illiterate guys on here..but i can sign my name when i need to so im good

thanks
gary

Latest posts