glyphosate study

Help Support CattleToday:

The EU is dragging out reapproval because of cancer associations. Interesting

That is fantastic news and that is a legitimate study. Very good news for all of us who have used the herbicide.

The damage is already done. Round up and "gmo" has been implanted in mind of the people as the greatest poison to ever be inflected upon the world. No amount of research, or attempts to sway the public will change that.

Thus was there plan all along.

sim.-ang.king":1jjg3syr said:
The damage is already done. Round up and "gmo" has been implanted in mind of the people as the greatest poison to ever be inflected upon the world. No amount of research, or attempts to sway the public will change that.

Thus was there plan all along.

I agree. The damage is done as far as public perception but I expect it will prevent it from being removed from the US market and it will be support against lawsuits.

Glyphosate has always been shown to be non-carcinogenic. Why there is such determination to paint it otherwise is what I'd like to know.

ga.prime":304p2cw4 said:
Glyphosate has always been shown to be non-carcinogenic. Why there is such determination to paint it otherwise is what I'd like to know.
Because there is a segment of the population that vary in age from young people (20"s) to middle age (40's) plus old hippies (70's) that believe fertilizer, chemicals and GMO's have been developed by huge agri-business to maximize profit at the expense of the populations health. They would desire us to move back in time before the evolution of modern farming as it is seen today. We would not apply anhydrous, use manure from livestock foraging on last years fields, plant the crops with perhaps fertilizer boxes on the planters, use the roto till for weed control and then harvest. I looked up yields for the US in 1950 corn 38 bu/ acre, soybeans 22 bu/ acre, wheat 17 bu/ acre. I am all for going back to that time if I can also buy a tractor new for $6,000 and buy ground for $500/ acre. What do you think would happen if a loaf of bread was $5.00 and a gallon of milk $15.00. Todays cash price for Dec 2017 corn is $3.05 it is unsustainable for heavily debt operations to stay afloat at these prices, coupled with people one to two generations removed from the farm with unrealistic expectations on cash rent for acerage. If they don't like that now what will they think when farms consolidate and now corporations are farming 250,000 acres. Just look at what John Deere is doing. Our "local dealership operates 8 locations under the same family name, JD is consolidating dealerships, have these owners thought about the next logical step in this progression which will be JD pulling the franchises and operating the stores directly. I am 57 in my lifetime I will see planting being entirely autominous especially in large open areas of the midwest. Planting will be done with no one in the cab when the planting unit is empty it will stop sense for rain open the seed hoppers and a unmaned seed tender come out and refill. Problem? sensors will detect and send a text message to you and the dealer.

ga.prime":aznotaax said:

I agree with red angus 2010 but law firms pursuing every opportunity to file lawsuits is a contributing factor. I don't watch much TV but there are a couple firms specializing in glyphosate cases. If a farmer who used it gets cancer, they sue based on grounds it was caused by glyphosate.

The link GB provided is truncated when I pull it up. There are other reports on the research. Below is one that comes from Reuters which provides a summary that shows the extent of the study. This will be a real blow to thousands of pending lawsuits. The suits are so numerous here, one law firm in Kentucky places advertisements for representing victims of cancer who used glyphosate.

In a summary of the results, the researchers, led by Laura Beane Freeman, principal investigator of the AHS at the U.S. National Cancer Institute, said that among 54,251 (pesticide) applicators studied, 44,932, or 82.9 percent, used glyphosate.

Glyphosate was not statistically significantly associated with cancer at any site," the summary said.

Scott Partridge, Monsanto's vice president of strategy, said the study results clearly showed the weedkiller was safe.

"This is the largest study of agricultural workers in history, over the longest period of time," he told Reuters. "It is the gold standard,... and it definitively demonstrates in a real-world environment that glyphosate doesn't cause cancer."

red angus 2010":33b401cx said:
ga.prime":33b401cx said:
Because there is a segment of the population that vary in age from young people (20"s) to middle age (40's) plus old hippies (70's) that believe fertilizer, chemicals and GMO's have been developed by huge agri-business to maximize profit at the expense of the populations health. They would desire us to move back in time before the evolution of modern farming as it is seen today. We would not apply anhydrous, use manure from livestock foraging on last years fields, plant the crops with perhaps fertilizer boxes on the planters, use the roto till for weed control and then harvest. I looked up yields for the US in 1950 corn 38 bu/ acre, soybeans 22 bu/ acre, wheat 17 bu/ acre. I am all for going back to that time if I can also buy a tractor new for $6,000 and buy ground for $500/ acre. What do you think would happen if a loaf of bread was $5.00 and a gallon of milk $15.00. Todays cash price for Dec 2017 corn is $3.05 it is unsustainable for heavily debt operations to stay afloat at these prices, coupled with people one to two generations removed from the farm with unrealistic expectations on cash rent for acerage. If they don't like that now what will they think when farms consolidate and now corporations are farming 250,000 acres. Just look at what John Deere is doing. Our "local dealership operates 8 locations under the same family name, JD is consolidating dealerships, have these owners thought about the next logical step in this progression which will be JD pulling the franchises and operating the stores directly. I am 57 in my lifetime I will see planting being entirely autominous especially in large open areas of the midwest. Planting will be done with no one in the cab when the planting unit is empty it will stop sense for rain open the seed hoppers and a unmaned seed tender come out and refill. Problem? sensors will detect and send a text message to you and the dealer.

I thinks it more that people don't trust the government or big companies to tell the truth. Especially Monsanto. They are looking for an explanation for the cancer rates and it's easy to blame chemicals.

Craig Miller":32dp5d9e said:
red angus 2010":32dp5d9e said:
ga.prime":32dp5d9e said:

I thinks it more that people don't trust the government or big companies to tell the truth. Especially Monsanto. They are looking for an explanation for the cancer rates and it's easy to blame chemicals.

If they don't like big companies they should be livid over Bayer's acquisition of Monsanto

Monsanto moved its headquarters to the EU.

I learned much from Dr Don Huber Purdue University Animal Pathologist who studied glyphosate for 25 years. He has YouTube videos and when he wrote a warning letter to his findings he was fired. University monies come from companies like Monsanto.

The main fear is not just health but the seeds failing which began to happen in 2009 in Africa. The plants came up but produced no fruit which has now been shown to many pastors and people like me who never understood agriculture.

I'm sure I cannot convince you but to know and say nothing is wrong too. I hope you search for good seeds and plant them.

Highpoint":3hdzcyg7 said:

I learned much from Dr Don Huber Purdue University Animal Pathologist who studied glyphosate for 25 years. He has YouTube videos and when he wrote a warning letter to his findings he was fired. University monies come from companies like Monsanto.

The main fear is not just health but the seeds failing which began to happen in 2009 in Africa. The plants came up but produced no fruit which has now been shown to many pastors and people like me who never understood agriculture.

I'm sure I cannot convince you but to know and say nothing is wrong too. I hope you search for good seeds and plant them.

I did watch one of his YouTube videos. I also read where he has been characterized as an alarmist. I don't want to debate Dr. Huber but there are some red flags including his firing.

I am always a skeptic but unless you have the time to thoroughly research a subject like this, the best course is to examine the references. The glyphosate study was published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI). Research methods and findings are extensively screened before the paper is accepted for publication.

Bright Raven":3q2jqw65 said:
Highpoint":3q2jqw65 said:

I did watch one of his YouTube videos. I also read where he has been characterized as an alarmist. I don't want to debate Dr. Huber but there are some red flags including his firing.

I am always a skeptic but unless you have the time to thoroughly research a subject like this, the best course is to examine the references. The glyphosate study was published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI). Research methods and findings are extensively screened before the paper is accepted for publication.

Yes I always say follow the money. Did Dr Huber have anything to gain by sounding the alarm to those dairymen? All he gained was the loss of his livelihood and his reputation by suggesting to them to stop feeding GMO feed. The dairymen were losing 15 percent of their herd.

Dr Seneff however at MIT doesn't know Dr Huber. At MIT they can now see molecules and the lesions caused by those products are also causing lesions in human guts. Thus autoimmune disorders, leaky gut, failure to thrive in babies ect. Certainly for ranchers who hold out their own cattle to raise and eat are not affected. You see pasture grasses have major benefits in natural detox and a host of other nutrients.

Probably the most interesting research right now are the tick studies. Cattle can as well as people detox but because it is not Pharma you won't hear in your lifetime probably. Like others have said it takes years to be accepted. Yes I know it is showing a none cell parasite which enters other cells and robs the host of nutrients. While antibiotics cannot touch them they do show silver in the way of nana particles can. But the cost without knowing how to produce yourself would be prohibitive.

Highpoint":1mevzqsg said:
Bright Raven":1mevzqsg said:
Highpoint":1mevzqsg said:

Yes I always say follow the money. Did Dr Huber have anything to gain by sounding the alarm to those dairymen? All he gained was the loss of his livelihood and his reputation by suggesting to them to stop feeding GMO feed. The dairymen were losing 15 percent of their herd.

Dr Seneff however at MIT doesn't know Dr Huber. At MIT they can now see molecules and the lesions caused by those products are also causing lesions in human guts. Thus autoimmune disorders, leaky gut, failure to thrive in babies ect. Certainly for ranchers who hold out their own cattle to raise and eat are not affected. You see pasture grasses have major benefits in natural detox and a host of other nutrients.

Probably the most interesting research right now are the tick studies. Cattle can as well as people detox but because it is not Pharma you won't hear in your lifetime probably. Like others have said it takes years to be accepted. Yes I know it is showing a none cell parasite which enters other cells and robs the host of nutrients. While antibiotics cannot touch them they do show silver in the way of nana particles can. But the cost without knowing how to produce yourself would be prohibitive.

Hold on, please. This was about glyphosate, not ticks, GMOs or Dr. Huber.

Getting back to glyphosate. In science, it is not about who can debate the best, it is about who used good science and methods. The study which is the subject of this thread is part of a project known as the Agricultural Health Study (AHS), which has been tracking the health of tens of thousands of agricultural workers, farmers and their families in Iowa and North Carolina. The results were accepted for publication in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI). If you don't agree with the results, the burden is on you to produce a contrary study that has used better methods and science. Or you have to show this study is flawed in methods or findings.

red angus 2010":37hydo36 said:
ga.prime":37hydo36 said:

You are right about a few things here. Health issues in the USA is about to break the bank and people of all ages now have the Internet to study and some are very mad while others are just trying to make a living. The dots are not all connected yet but by the time they are it will be the large corporate groups that will loose the most unless they have found good seeds and learned how to work with natures immune system instead of trying to destroy the land and add back just what is needed to produce a crop. You mine as well not follow them down that hole. Goodness if you farm at all you can see fungus issues super weeds and instead of reducing the amounts of chemicals you are now required to increase. I can see too why no one wants to admit it has caused some serious health costs as well.

When I first started studying deep study fifteen years ago I started with the high school teaching on the immune system. The Bible says we are just dirt so what helps the dirt helps us. I went into raw milk than how in the world pharma took over universities in 1910. I found out how the Supreme Court allowed corporations to own living things like the seeds and their race to modified the seeds so farmers could not save their own. By the way it started with GE patenting a worm that was suppose to be able to eat oil. Those same companies would love to shut up Dr Huber and others as if they can keep the farmer in the dark. Please don't misunderstand, I came to this site to learn as much about cattle as possible not to change your way of doing things. I have already learned a great deal and with me I like to ask the question why. I cannot always find your language terms but will get there.

Who knows maybe one day the cattle online will add a section on organic or natural. It appears from comments that there are some involved in it.

Bright Raven":1uvcspm5 said:
Highpoint":1uvcspm5 said:
Bright Raven":1uvcspm5 said:

Hold on, please. This was about glyphosate, not ticks, GMOs or Dr. Huber.

Getting back to glyphosate. In science, it is not about who can debate the best, it is about who used good science and methods. The study which is the subject of this thread is part of a project known as the Agricultural Health Study (AHS), which has been tracking the health of tens of thousands of agricultural workers, farmers and their families in Iowa and North Carolina. The results were accepted for publication in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI). If you don't agree with the results, the burden is on you to produce a contrary study that has used better methods and science. Or you have to show this study is flawed in methods or findings.

Ok let's start with the Journal of Cancer Institute. Again I said follow the money. Have you ever seen any research in any cancer society which addresses the real cure or root cause of cancer? There is a YouTube video by dr reg mcdaniel of fisher institute proving chemo blasts tumors to reduce size and spreads it through out the body including into the brain. He showed videos to the Colorado Supreme Court. Have you ever heard this in a journal? What about the cancer society's recommendation of Ensure - a product packed with sugar. Cancer grows on sugar.

Then probably where I should have started - who owns the cancer society? You guessed it- the same group who manufacture the glyphosate. Oh you may not know this but Monsanto and Bayer owners also have ties to many societies including the cancer society. Yes hard to believe as I raised many dollars for their groups thinking I was helping. They probably laugh each time you defend them. Should I continue with the heart association?

You'll need to provide a better source of information to make your defense plausible.

Bright Raven. If you had cancer I would first advise you to get off of all GMO foods and take products with cell surface sugars as without them your body would NOT be able to recognize cancer to carry out of your body. Nor would your body be able to not attack itself ( auto immune). Many people have cancer because a doctor prescribed something to shut down the immune system like arthritis meds. Cancer is an immune disorder. I would tell you to find good raw milk and make sure the cows are not fed GMOs. Then find a good source of sulfur - well water tested and finally get on organic plant based nutrients with zinc to raise your vitamin d level which is the level cells regenerate. I would advise the nutrients because farming no longer can survive by insuring the plants have absorbed the micronutrients out of the soil. I would then expect a good report in eight weeks if you had not waited too long.

Highpoint":30f7e3pg said:
Bright Raven. If you had cancer I would first advise you to get off of all GMO foods and take products with cell surface sugars as without them your body would NOT be able to recognize cancer to carry out of your body. Nor would your body be able to not attack itself ( auto immune). Many people have cancer because a doctor prescribed something to shut down the immune system like arthritis meds. Cancer is an immune disorder. I would tell you to find good raw milk and make sure the cows are not fed GMOs. Then find a good source of sulfur - well water tested and finally get on organic plant based nutrients with zinc to raise your vitamin d level which is the level cells regenerate. I would advise the nutrients because farming no longer can survive by insuring the plants have absorbed the micronutrients out of the soil. I would then expect a good report in eight weeks if you had not waited too long.

Disappointed! You are more into Voodoo than science. That is not meant to be critical. There is a bright future in Voodoo these days. I am not surprised Dr. Huber got fired at Purdue.

BTW: your philosophy on cancer is not even close to that of my son. He has his PhD in Cancer Cell Biology from Vanderbilt University. But I am sure they just follow the money.

Goodnight

Latest posts