Glow in the Dark Tags

Help Support CattleToday:

roshn

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to make the cows visible in the dark, in order to prevent accidents. Has anyone found a way? e'g glow in the dark ear tags?
Rita

I got one....just put some reflective tape on the tag....TN consider yourself lucky....not everyone always finds a live calf...

I haven't ever used anything to make the cows visible in the dark so I can't help you out roshn.

TNMasterBeefProducer: I could see the usefulness of reflective tags, especially for people that run on allotments with roads through them. It is quite common in our area for people to be driving at night and hit black cows standing on the center line because they couldn't see them.

SusanT":2b8cr14b said:
I haven't ever used anything to make the cows visible in the dark so I can't help you out roshn.

TNMasterBeefProducer: I could see the usefulness of reflective tags, especially for people that run on allotments with roads through them. It is quite common in our area for people to be driving at night and hit black cows standing on the center line because they couldn't see them.
If they can;t see a cow and all they see is that glow in the dark tag, I would think that would cause more accidents. It would sure spook me to see somthing floating in the air that was glowing.

roshn":1hvaxgtc said:
I am looking for a way to make the cows visible in the dark, in order to prevent accidents. Has anyone found a way? e'g glow in the dark ear tags?
Rita

Cows eyes glow in the dark when you shine a flashlight at them. Course so does a cougar's eyes. :lol: :lol:

roshn":ji8vxdoo said:
Rita
they make a reflective legband to put on horses when riding at night,might work for cows

I thought about putting the reflective ear tags on my cows but got worried about some of my more "sporting neighbors" methods of deer hunting. You know driving down the road with a spotlight.
They aint smart enough to know a deers eyes are not large and rectangular.

Dan

Latest posts