Gloves

Help Support CattleToday:

Brown Jersey or canvas inside just plain old yellow cotton gloves on the outside. When it gets really cold out ( 10 and below) I wear leather fleece lined mittens on top of my gloves while running my cabless tractors.
Just have to wait a couple weeks to get adjusted to the temp change. I'm wearing the same amount of winter close now (it's 23 this morning) as I did the first two mornings that it was 40 this fall.

Used gloved hands on tractor muffler when feeding hay. You get good at knowing just how long to hold on!
But, I have to admit I sure love my cab tractors in older years.
High jack- am I the only one who has a heat houser on their tractor? Best $250 a poor man will ever spend.

Motorcycle glove liners work well for me in the winter under normal leather gloves. The wind proof neck gaiter or balaclava also does wonders.

It always bothered me more that I couldn't see the front end of the tractor than the cold weather did.
I've never had that problem. I have my seat set up high and I'm fairly tall, so that may be the difference. I won't go without a houser, makes even bitter cold temps tolerable. That being said, my next machinery purchase is a FWA cab tractor for hay, pulling gravity wagons in January, etc.

Motorcycle glove liners work well for me in the winter under normal leather gloves. The wind proof neck gaiter or balaclava also does wonders.
Looks like a can't lose proposition at that price.

I've never had that problem. I have my seat set up high and I'm fairly tall, so that may be the difference. I won't go without a houser, makes even bitter cold temps tolerable. That being said, my next machinery purchase is a FWA cab tractor for hay, pulling gravity wagons in January, etc.
I'm tall, 6'2" . I think the problem was the heat housers I've been around have all been half wore out with the plexiglass all scratched. Then you drive through some slop and the front tires throw mud and snow on the plexiglass.
I have an open station FWA tractor, but I've put out a lot of hay with a JD 4020. I think it cutting your teeth on a 2wd loader tractor makes you a better loader tractor operator.

Never heard of the heat housers and had to look them up on duckduckgo. Then got me wondering about putting airconditioning on a lawnmower and found this:
1609810136026.png

I'm tall, 6'2" . I think the problem was the heat housers I've been around have all been half wore out with the plexiglass all scratched. Then you drive through some slop and the front tires throw mud and snow on the plexiglass.
I have an open station FWA tractor, but I've put out a lot of hay with a JD 4020. I think it cutting your teeth on a 2wd loader tractor makes you a better loader tractor operator.
Mine has a clear flexible plastic windshield. I'm pretty careful about cleaning it, use plenty of water. Wiping it dry will ruin it.

Agreed on the 2wd for tractors and trucks as well. Makes you a smarter operator. I've never had to be pulled out feeding hay, but have came dang close a few times.

Latest posts