Global Warming

Help Support CattleToday:

If Algore believed it himself, he wouldn't live in the house he lives in or own some of the other things he does. His house uses 20 times the amount of electricity as the average house. 221,000 kWh.
He owns another home in Montecito Villa at 8.75 Millon with 6500 sq ft where Oprah and Kirk Douglas live-ocean front property.
It states that the cars he rides in are left running through his entire speech so they will be nice and cool.
He owns a 100 ft yacht, with 500 gallon capacity for fuel.
He is flown in someone else's privately owned plane every where he goes.
He jumps on the bandwagon of anything going on to make a buck.
And I am sure that the majority of the others live the same way he lives.

Now tell me he believes in Global warming!

It gives people a job, books to write and speeches to give. Just a scheme to make money.

Friend sent me this video. It explains a lot of what's going on and the holes in their argument but more importantly why its such a big deal to so many. It says a lot when when one of the founders of Green Peace says its horse hockey. I just can't understand why this wasn't shown on network television in the States. :???:

Jogeephus":yu67w3n2 said:
Friend sent me this video. It explains a lot of what's going on and the holes in their argument but more importantly why its such a big deal to so many. It says a lot when when one of the founders of Green Peace says its horse hockey. I just can't understand why this wasn't shown on network television in the States. :???:
Simple, sacred cows are sacred cows

I am sure that the O-bum president believes in the harm of jet fuel, since he and his wife have to have separate planes for vacations. They
have a couple of hours of schedule problems. Maybe they can work this out when he is out of office, and maybe the tax payers won't have
to foot the bill.
We have enough fossil fuels etc. in the USA that we could pay off our national debt. We could have gasoline below $1 per gallon and be fully
employed. Our government will not even let us build a pipeline. How stupid!!! My opinion of our government has really changed over the
last few years. I can still see Al Gore breathing hard while Bush was speaking, and Joe Biden on laughing gas....

Chuckie":2mfyvh1o said:
If Algore believed it himself, he wouldn't live in the house he lives in or own some of the other things he does. His house uses 20 times the amount of electricity as the average house. 221,000 kWh.
He owns another home in Montecito Villa at 8.75 Millon with 6500 sq ft where Oprah and Kirk Douglas live-ocean front property.
It states that the cars he rides in are left running through his entire speech so they will be nice and cool.
He owns a 100 ft yacht, with 500 gallon capacity for fuel.
He is flown in someone else's privately owned plane every where he goes.
He jumps on the bandwagon of anything going on to make a buck.
And I am sure that the majority of the others live the same way he lives.

Now tell me he believes in Global warming!

It gives people a job, books to write and speeches to give. Just a scheme to make money.

I'm always surprised why more of the tennesseans don't jump on the expose Al bandwagon. There are some good reasons he didn't carry tennessee back in the election.

We can't stand him. He is a fraud and a liar. He talks about going and staying on the family farm and helping in the dairy. The people that worked there said he wouldn't come out of the house because he wouldn't leave the TV set. Al Gore does not like to get dirty. I remember they were talking about him on his campaign tour and he would take showers constantly because he didn't like to sweat.

I want to know what happened to his eyebrows. Where did they go?

For all you haters:
Global Warming, in all it's wrath and fury will be on display thru much of the nation's midsection next week.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cap ... next-week/
polar-WIR-071014.jpg

I remember that in Jr. High School (late 1960's), the Weekly Reader was predicting a new ice age because of the particulate pollution blocking the sun's energy from warming up the seas. At the time it seemed reasonable because the winters seemed to be a little colder each year and there was more ice and snow each year ( not that there was a lot in Alabama). Maybe the answer to Global warming is more pollution instead of less.
I do believe that climate changes, and that human activity has an effect on that change. But does that mean that we have to stop all of the things we have to do to be healthy and comfortable?
There is not an activity that does not cause a disruption. Wind farms for electricity disrupt migration routs and prevailing winds. Have you ever seen a study showing the gross energy cost of producing the turbines and the controls for them? Steel, Aluminum, plastics, exotic minerals, manufacturing labor? And what about photoelectric generators? What kinds of exotic materials that we do't have in this country do we have to import to produce these photoelectric cells? What happens if there is a disruption in the supply chain and we have taken our simple coal or gas fired generators off line? When was the last time you heard of a new hydro-electric generator being built? Whats the problem there? Some small in eatable fish or snail that's going to die out from global warming anyway?
Mankind, through the grace of God has managed to improve his standard of living over the eons. Now it seems that certain groups want us to back up. Maybe to become one with the rest of nature. Well, maybe that's OK for them, but I enjoy my heat and air, a hot shower, and well cooked meals, and not having to do so much physical work just to survive.
OK rant over, carry on.

Judge Sharpe":6k63n1mt said:
I remember that in Jr. High School (late 1960's), the Weekly Reader was predicting a new ice age because of the particulate pollution blocking the sun's energy from warming up the seas.

And that was if the hole in the ozone didn't kill us first. I haven't heard much about it lately either.

Climate change belongs in the religion thread. You either believe or you don't. Believer's want you non-believers to understand you are on a "highway to hell" and they feel darned good about themselves when they preach to you. Buying a Prius is like giving your church a beautiful stained glass window. No real function, but it shows you have money to burn--and you are a "true believer". And you can drive the Prius to the "Inconvenient Truth" movie showing, while your Escalade stays in the heated and cooled garage.
[youtube]P4xYM9G68c8[/youtube]

Judge Sharpe":2gcyuenw said:
I remember that in Jr. High School (late 1960's), the Weekly Reader was predicting a new ice age because of the particulate pollution blocking the sun's energy from warming up the seas. At the time it seemed reasonable because the winters seemed to be a little colder each year and there was more ice and snow each year ( not that there was a lot in Alabama). Maybe the answer to Global warming is more pollution instead of less.
I do believe that climate changes, and that human activity has an effect on that change. But does that mean that we have to stop all of the things we have to do to be healthy and comfortable?
There is not an activity that does not cause a disruption. Wind farms for electricity disrupt migration routs and prevailing winds. Have you ever seen a study showing the gross energy cost of producing the turbines and the controls for them? Steel, Aluminum, plastics, exotic minerals, manufacturing labor? And what about photoelectric generators? What kinds of exotic materials that we do't have in this country do we have to import to produce these photoelectric cells? What happens if there is a disruption in the supply chain and we have taken our simple coal or gas fired generators off line? When was the last time you heard of a new hydro-electric generator being built? Whats the problem there? Some small in eatable fish or snail that's going to die out from global warming anyway?
Mankind, through the grace of God has managed to improve his standard of living over the eons. Now it seems that certain groups want us to back up. Maybe to become one with the rest of nature. Well, maybe that's OK for them, but I enjoy my heat and air, a hot shower, and well cooked meals, and not having to do so much physical work just to survive.
OK rant over, carry on.

Judge, be careful about buying their argument that we can affect the weather.

Solar flares and events outside of our control have real effects. Global alarmists outside of academia and government are a dying breed.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/ ... in-global/. The problem with that article, is the part where they claimed that the temperature is climbing.

If I took a wiz in the ocean, alarmists would try to tell you that the global urea content was on the rise and we need a tax to fund a study and finding ways to stop this inflow of urea. Never mind that the earth is 70% water and that all animals combined couldn't appreciably raise the percent of urea in the oceans if they all peed at once.

all animals combined couldn't appreciably raise the percent of urea in the oceans if they all peed at once.

The thought of how to coordinate such an undertaking will keep me up all night contemplating logistics

From what from I remember from Sunday School, God created everything in six days and rested on the seventh. Who knows how long God's
day was. At one time all of the continents were one large land mass, it was very dry and hot. God placed man here later, after the continent divided, there have been
ice ages, little ice ages(dark age in Europe), and warmings. Everything that I have read and studied says that volcanos, meteors, sun spots, and etc., are what changed
the climate in the past. I think that man has very little to do with the climate change. If I am wrong, the USA has very little to do with this compared with
all of the nations of the world. Yet we are taxed. Our highest leaders don't care how much jet fuel they use or how many large houses they heat and cool.

When I was young, I told my mother, "I wanted to pay a lot of taxes.", that meant that I would be making a lot of money. MY world has changed in the past 50 years.
Our government has really changed, and I think that I can make better decisions with my money. I am very conservative and try to make good decisions.
I learned this from my father and my mother's father.