Global Warming --> Fact or Fiction?

Help Support CattleToday:

jw":31enfud4 said:

We as a country sure are making big decisions based upon global warming. I was listening to NPR this morning. A famous actress was a guest speaker. She sure did sound dangerous. I couldn't believe some of the stuff she was saying.

Scared sheeple are submissive sheeple...........Throw in a little swine flu with it and there's no telling what they can slide by us.

Jim62":s548hzeo said:
Scared sheeple are submissive sheeple...........Throw in a little swine flu with it and there's no telling what they can slide by us.

Reminds me of the black Friday not too long ago when a Wal-mart employee (?) got trampled by a crowd of people trying to get to the merchandise first after opening on a special sale day.

Warming?

U.S. Northeast May Have Coldest Winter in a Decade (Update2)

Sept. 28 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Northeast may have the coldest winter in a decade because of a weak El Nino, a warming current in the Pacific Ocean, according to Matt Rogers, a forecaster at Commodity Weather Group.

"Weak El Ninos are notorious for cold and snowy weather on the Eastern seaboard," Rogers said in a Bloomberg Television interview from Washington. "About 70 percent to 75 percent of the time a weak El Nino will deliver the goods in terms of above-normal heating demand and cold weather. It's pretty good odds."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... m7GJfWypJE

Some days warm some days cold, some years warm some years cold, some decades warm some decades cold. Its called weather it changes!

Global Warming is a money making, fear mongering hoax! Just like the ice age debate was a few years ago!

aplusmnt":2z8i8smj said:
Some days warm some days cold, some years warm some years cold, some decades warm some decades cold. Its called weather it changes!

Global Warming is a money making, fear mongering hoax! Just like the ice age debate was a few years ago!

Could this be the money making part you just mentioned?

Carbon Trading May Dwarf That of Crude Oil

If carbon cap-and-trade becomes a reality, get ready for a potential multi-trillion dollar commodities market that could sprout up quickly, but not without growing pains.

"I'm estimating carbon markets could be worth $2 trillion in transaction value – money changing hands – within five years of trading (starting)," says Bart Chilton, a Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) commissioner, who's also chairman of its energy and environmental markets advisory committee. "That would make it the largest physically traded commodity in the US, surpassing even oil."
http://www.cnbc.com/id/32540966

I believe the climate is warming but it is only due to the variations in the sun's temperature. The sun's energy output varies and goes in cycles. Remember the ice age? Remember the threat of the ice age just a few years ago? If this global warming thing is man made as some would have you believe why then are the ice caps simultaneously melting on Mars? Is this because our CO2 emissions are being sucked up in a worm hole and being transported to Mars? I don't think so. So why then is there all the fuss about CO2 emissions? Anyone stop and ask what happens in a closed system when CO2 concentrations are increased? Seems many have researched this and the answer is quite simple. More O2 is generated. (Isn't nature wonderful!) So much so that during the dinosaur era atmospheric CO2 concentrations were 4-6 times what they are today. So what happened? Plants grew larger and faster and formed such lush growth that enabled the dinosaurs to flourish. So again, why is there so much fuss about the CO2? Some say the truth shall set you free however I have learned that here the truth will get the thread locked so I'll end my post with two references and two thoughts.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... rming.html

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Atla ... 8342.shtml

Lithium Batteries and fuel taxes

Oh, bullsheit. What is the profit in denying what is a demonstrable fact? Instead of denying the fact, point out why global warming is a good thing- and it is. I don't have any links but I do know 1 or 2 things about science. :D

Who knows? For sure, all of those educated idiots that we have in DC don't.

I saw a report on it a few weeks ago stating that global warming would be necessary to support the additional population on earth. Seems that global warming would make more land available for farming and we would have longer growing seasons. The article stating that global warming was a great thing.

Imagine that.....

Happened before,will again. Earth is always changing,we just have such short lives that it seems stable.
You ever read history? Where astronimers were burned at the stake because they said the Earth revolved around the Sun,when EVERYONE knew that the Earth was the center of everything and everything revolved around it?? When Doctors were judged on how dirty their smocks and hands were,'cause EVERYONE knew that the dirtier their hands and clothing were the better Dr they were. When women were considered to have no more mind than a sheep and was owned by her husband? When Roylty was so inbred the males had no idea how to breed! But their word was law..
Just because EVERYONE knows THAT does not make THAT so!!

HerefordSire":1ipf0v6k said:
jw":1ipf0v6k said:

We as a country sure are making big decisions based upon global warming. I was listening to NPR this morning. A famous actress was a guest speaker. She sure did sound dangerous. I couldn't believe some of the stuff she was saying.

JMO, but NPR is about as whacked a news station as there is. Global Warming is fiction for me right now because the temp has dropped about 30 degrees in the last two days, so there you go--case closed.

HerefordSire":6i7lqurb said:
Jim62":6i7lqurb said:

Reminds me of the black Friday not too long ago when a Wal-mart employee (?) got trampled by a crowd of people trying to get to the merchandise first after opening on a special sale day.

Or the fools spending all that money to stock up on ammo?

It is necessary to have the skill to test and filter the facts that go into your own mental data base.Facts-which facts,alleged facts,assumed facts,perceived facts, proven facts-facts facts facts!! :?

Frankie":178m0a5g said:
HerefordSire":178m0a5g said:
Jim62":178m0a5g said:

Or the fools spending all that money to stock up on ammo?

Haven't heard of any ammo buyers stomping anyone to death yet Frankie. We are a civilized bunch after all, contrary to what your protege Pelosi might think.

My daughter who is a senior at IU told me that global warming is fact. Her professors say so. I told her that my experience with professors was that they were some of the dumbest people that I had ever met. :) I also said all I know, is that we just had about the coldest winter and summer that all of the old people around here remember. It seemed a lot warmer to me in the early 80s when I worked on the paving crew during summer vacations. :)

KMacGinley":2yjdtoi6 said:
My daughter who is a senior at IU told me that global warming is fact. Her professors say so. I told her that my experience with professors was that they were some of the dumbest people that I had ever met. :) I also said all I know, is that we just had about the coldest winter and summer that all of the old people around here remember. It seemed a lot warmer to me in the early 80s when I worked on the paving crew during summer vacations. :)

My sister is a "so called" professor....I tell her "Those that can... do....those that can't....teach". Needless to say she's always PO'd at me. :lol2:

"Manmade climate change" is my preferred term, and to me it is a two part question.
1) Is there a change in global weather?
2) If there is climate change, is mankind causing the change?

I'm a sceptic. I think a lot of the legislation being considered is pushed by people who just hate a smokestack or an SUV. It is an outgrowth of the hippy movement of the 60's, where the thing to do was "get back to nature".
I don't see how we can feed a growing population and bring the whole world into a "first world" lifestyle without burning ever more fossil fuel. It would be nice if we could leave coal in the ground and get to natural gas and nuclear until we develop "cold fusion", but nothing much is going to slow our release of CO2 outside of draconian population control (ala China) or "starving in the dark".
If we put unreasonable limits on CO2 emissions, we will face a lot of nasty wars with hungry people who want our cheese.
I do not want to choke down my modest lifestyle to a 3rd world level so the US can contribute most of the CO2 reduction to some international treaty. I don't want to pay the 3rd world to stay poor and "natural", contributing to political instability.
I could go on, but I'll step down.

Latest posts