Global forecast

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
On Friday night the weatherman said we were going to get snow on Saturday, NO snow on Saturday ever came. This prediction was done by the most educated people in the weather predicting business and used the most sophisticated equipment. Before we dedicate billions of dollars into predicting the weather 50 years from now we should be able to predict it 12-24 hours in advance?

Cattle Rack Rancher":2r2gep9p said:
I've always found that the weatherforecast is usually pretty good at predicting current conditions. ;-)

More often they're accuracy is better with past weather conditions

dun

I've always found that the weatherforecast is usually pretty good at predicting current conditions.

I wish i could bet on the horse after the race.

Ask a weather man what will happen in a couple hours and you get that "who? me?" look. They all feel comfortable predicting what will happen after they're dead.

What gets me is when their doppler radar gives out a toronado warning and there isn't any storm. I always thought a warning meant that one had been sighted on the ground.

Weather person is the one profession where everyone expects you to be wrong most of the time. Even on current conditions they only get that right for where the're at. 10 miles away it might be different. If I was a weatherman, my descriptions of current conditions would go something like

You got a window? Look out it.

Latest posts