Ginger Beef Recipe Needed

Help Support CattleToday:

jka300

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has a really easy ginger beef recipe. I've tried acouple that I found on the internet but they weren't easy at all!

Found one. Looks like most of the work is in the prep work.

1 6oz. package frozen pea pods, thawed
1 lb. beef sirloin or top round steak, particialy thawed
1/4 c. dry sherry
3 T. soy sauce
1 T. cornstarch
1 T. grated ginger root or 1/2 t. ground ginger
1 T. cooking oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 meduim carrots, thinly bias sliced
1 c. broccoli flowerets
1 meduim onion, cut into thin wedges
1 8 oz. can sliced water chesnuts or bamboo shoots, drained

Thinly slice the beef across the grain into bite size pieces. (Having it particialy frozen helps this.) For sauce combine sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch, ground ginger (if using) and 1/3 c. water. Set aside
Preheat wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Stir fry garlic and ginger root (if using) in hot oil 15 seconds. Add carrots; stir fry 2 minutes. Add broccoli and onion; stir fry about 3 minutes or til crisp tender. Remove vegtables from wok and set aside.
Add half of the beef to the hot wok. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or til done. Remove. Repeat with the remaining beef.
Return all beef back to the wok. Push from the center of the wok. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir til bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in pea pods, vegtables and water chesnuts. Cover; cook 1 minute or til hot.
If desired, serve with hot rice.

Latest posts