Gimli - Update

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
bball ask for a recent picture of Gimli.

Yesterday was a day without rain so an opportunity to halter fall calves. Gimli is first one on left. He is the youngest fall calf. He is a brick! I have not had one this thick and very heavy muscle to frame ratio.

BTW: on the chrome debate. For those who knock the chrome, realize there is a current underway. I am seeing more and more chrome in the spring catalogs. You may not like it, but seems to be the latest fad.

21ot05h.jpg

You keep justifying it with that notion - well I see others doing it, so I'll do it too.

Always a great game plan.

Supa Dexta":1cd1ji42 said:
You keep justifying it with that notion - well I see others doing it, so I'll do it too.

Supra. Look at the calves again. Only two have any significant chrome. 2 out of 14. Fire Sweep helps with my matings and we both intend to learn from those two that have too much chrome. I am not justifying it. It was not intended. We do try for some chrome on the face.

Bright Raven":3ccfiien said:
Supa Dexta":3ccfiien said:

Supra. Look at the calves again. Only two have any significant chrome. 2 out of 14. Fire Sweep helps with my matings and we both intend to learn from those two that have too much chrome. I am not justifying it. It was not intended. We do try for some chrome on the face.

No I mean everytime you bring up white being somewhere other than the head you have to add in the fact you're seeing it else where too.

If people want something other than black they should be aiming for red. Buyers are gonna dock for two tone calves, thats why I think it shouldnt be pursued, don't give them the reason to.

Supa Dexta":3phs5ump said:
Bright Raven":3phs5ump said:
Supa Dexta":3phs5ump said:

No I mean everytime you bring up white being somewhere other than the head you have to add in the fact you're seeing it else where too.

If people want something other than black they should be aiming for red. Buyers are gonna dock for two tone calves, thats why I think it shouldnt be pursued, don't give them the reason to.

Thanks for the explanation. I was reading it wrong.

I'd market that as polished aluminum instead of chrome........Better scrap value if they don't make breeding stock.

Very nice group of calves. So much for Gimli being a runt...i suspect he is going to turn out just fine.

Bright Raven":18a84w6r said:

Yesterday was a day without rain so an opportunity to halter fall calves. Gimli is first one on left. He is the youngest fall calf. He is a brick! I have not had one this thick and very heavy muscle to frame ratio.

BTW: on the chrome debate. For those who knock the chrome, realize there is a current underway. I am seeing more and more chrome in the spring catalogs. You may not like it, but seems to be the latest fad.

21ot05h.jpg

I have to admit the little sob makes me smile. I bet he's a pistol.

callmefence":2ixgol3x said:
Bright Raven":2ixgol3x said:

21ot05h.jpg

I have to admit the little sob makes me smile. I bet he's a pistol.

Andy. I swear, he is the funniest calf I have had. He always makes me smile.