Giant Skeletons

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
People lived in America before Native Indians.

A mound near Toledo, Ohio, held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people," and besides each was a large bowl with "curiously wrought hieroglyphic figures." (Chicago Record, Oct. 24, 1895; cited by Ron G. Dobbins, NEARA Journal, v13, fall 1978)

In February and June of 1931, large skeletons were found in the Humboldt lake bed near Lovelock, Nevada. The first of these two skeletons found measured 8 1/2 feet tall and appeared to have been wrapped in a gum-covered fabric similiar to the Egyptian manner. The second skeleton was almost 10 feet long.(Review - Miner, June 19, 1931)

http://www.biblefacts.org/myth/giant2.html

Notice the words "Anak" and "Anakims" below in the scriptures.

Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cf ... 13#comm/33

Deuteronomy 1:28 - 'Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, the people are greater and taller than we; the cities are great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there'.

2:10 - 'The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; 11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites called them Emims'.

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/giants.htm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

JOE-GIANT2.jpg

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/giants.htm

The text states that Anak was a Rephaite (Deuteronomy 2:11) and a son of Arba (Joshua 15:13). Etymologically, Anak means [long] neck[1].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anak

In the Hebrew Bible (Christian "Old Testament") the term "Rephaim" (Heb. plural רפאים; "Rephaite" would be the English translation of this term as though it referred to residents of a certain region, which is one use of the term in the HB/OT) has two primary meanings:

1. "Rephaim" can describe an ancient "race" of giants in Iron Age Israel, or the places where these individuals were thought to have lived: see Gen. 14:5, 15:20; Deut. 2:10-1,20, 3:11,13; Josh. 12:4, 13:12, 15:8, 17:15, 18:16; 2Sam. 5:11,22, 23:13; 1Chr. 11:15, 14:9, 20:4. In the biblical narrative, the Israelites are instructed to exterminate the previous inhabitants of the "promised land," i.e. "Canaan," which include various named peoples, including some unusually tall/large individuals. See the passages listed above in the book of Joshua, and also Deut. 3:11, which implies that Og, the King of Bashan, was one of the last survivors of the Rephaim, and that his bed was 9 cubits long in ordinary cubit (an ordinary cubit is the length of a man's forearm according to the New American Standard Bible, or approx. 18 inches, which differs from a royal cubit. Making this man about 15 feet tall, implying he was a giant). C.f. the reference to Nephilim and the "sons of God" in Gen. 6:1-3. The famous Philistine giant Goliath would seem to fit into this paradigm of giants living in the land that must be slain by the Israelites in order to possess the land.

2. Rephaim can also refer to the residents of Sheol (a biblical term for the land of the dead in the HB/OT). See Isa. 14:9, 26:14,19; Ps. 88:11; Prov. 2:18, 9:18, 21:16; Job. 26:5; and possibly 2Chron. 16:12, where we may read "Repha'im," i.e. "dead ancestors," as opposed to Rophe'im, "doctors." The Heb. root רפא means "heal," and thus the masc. plural nominalized form of this root may indicate that these deceased ancestors could be invoked for ritual purposes that would benefit the living.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rephaite

And not only in America....

Make sure you don't talk about this when you go to church. After all, Adam and Eve were the first, were they not???

grannysoo":goxrnii0 said:

Make sure you don't talk about this when you go to church. After all, Adam and Eve were the first, were they not???

I don't want to get anyone in trouble around here, including me. A Christian mostly lives by the new testament. The old testament, like the 10 commandments, are also actively used. I believe the entire text should be used, old and new. The words that are hard to understand can then be cross referenced from other texts so we can learn.

Let me see what I can find out....to answer your question....and not get in trouble or cause trouble.

grannysoo":23815o5r said:

Most definitely. I believe in the Bible and it is true that Adam and Eve were the first jews.

HerefordSire":2m6yr52k said:
I believe the entire text should be used, old and new. [/i]

That's right. Can't pick and choose can we? (Or did that happen many years ago during a little convention....)

Jogeephus":2qcjr5a0 said:
grannysoo":2qcjr5a0 said:

Most definitely. I believe in the Bible and it is true that Adam and Eve were the first jews.

I have always believed Adam and Eve were the first also although I never thought of them as being Jewish. How do you account for 14 foot tall giants? A genetic mutation (larger than Andre the Giant the wrestler).

Just day dreaming for awhile..while I deviate from the question at hand.....read this text concerning ancient astronauts (notice the bold print below):

Zecharia Sitchin's series The Earth Chronicles, beginning with The 12th Planet, revolves around Sitchin's interpretation of ancient Sumerian and Middle Eastern texts, megalithic sites, and artifacts from around the world. He theorizes the gods of old Mesopotamia were actually astronauts from the planet "Nibiru", which Sitchin claims the Sumerians believed to be a remote "12th planet" (counting the Sun, Moon, and Pluto as planets) associated with the god Marduk. According to Sitchin, Nibiru continues to orbit our sun on a 3,600-year elongated orbit. Sitchin also suggests that the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter is the shattered remains of the ancient planet "Tiamat", which he claims was destroyed in one of Niburu's orbits through the solar system. Modern astronomy has found no evidence to support Sitchin's claims.

According to Sitchin, the Sumerians relate how 50 Anunnaki, the inhabitants of Nibiru, came to Earth approximately 400,000 years ago with the intent of mining raw materials, especially gold, for transport back to Nibiru. With their small numbers they soon tired of the task and set out to genetically engineer laborers to work the mines. After much trial and error they eventually created homo sapiens sapiens: the "Adapa" (model man) or Adam of later mythology. Sitchin claims the Anunnaki were active in human affairs until their culture was destroyed by global catastrophes caused by the abrupt end of the last ice age some 12,000 years ago. Seeing that humans survived and all they had built was destroyed, the Anunnaki left Earth after giving humans the opportunity and means to govern themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts

john250":fl5lz9k0 said:
I'll bet they had some tremendous basketball teams.

Anybody can be tall...but you gotta know that white men can't jump....and most can't dribble between their legs either so basketball is out... :lol2:

TexasBred":2j6t4kut said:
john250":2j6t4kut said:
I'll bet they had some tremendous basketball teams.

Anybody can be tall...but you gotta know that white men can't jump....and most can't dribble between their legs either so basketball is out... :lol2:

These fellows were from some other planet if I follow the text. We don't know they were white. I'm thinking green. Besides, they could dunk without jumping.

14 foot tall they would need to jump. They wouldn't even need to run. Stand one at each basket. One to swat the ball away and one to score.

grannysoo":358u2vel said:
HerefordSire":358u2vel said:
I believe the entire text should be used, old and new. [/i]

That's right. Can't pick and choose can we? (Or did that happen many years ago during a little convention....)

Good point gs!

Here is an example of what I am referring to about bible study. Enoch is mentioned in the bible. He is the father of the bible's oldest living man Methusala. We can then cross reference Enoch's name to find more information to consider as truthworthy. Anyway, there is a "Book of Giants" written by Enoch. Some translation of the Book of Giants is avaiable through the link at the bottom. Remember that this was before the flood.

It is fair to say that the patriarch Enoch was as well known to the ancients as he is obscure to modern Bible reaclers. Besides giving his age (365 years), the book of Genesis says of him only that he "walked with God," and afterward "he was not, because God had taken him" (Gen. 5:24). This exalted way of life and mysterious demise made Enoch into a figure of considerable fascination, and a cycle of legends grew up around him.

Many of the legends about Enoch were collected already in ancient times in several long anthologies. The most important such anthology, and the oldest, is known simply as The Book of Enoch, comprising over one hundred chapters. It still survives in its entirety (although only in the Ethiopic language) and forms an important source for the thought of Judaism in the last few centuries B.C.E. Significantly, the remnants of several almost complete copies of The Book of Enoch in Aramaic were found among the Dead Sea Scrolls, and it is clear that whoever collected the scrolls considered it a vitally important text. All but one of the five major components of the Ethiopic anthology have turned up among the scrolls. But even more intriguing is the fact that additional, previously unknown or little-known texts about Enoch were discovered at Qumran. The most important of these is The Book of Giants.

Enoch lived before the Flood, during a time when the world, in ancient imagination, was very different. Human beings lived much longer, for one thing; Enoch's son Methuselah, for instance, attained the age of 969 years. Another difference was that angels and humans interacted freely -- so freely, in fact, that some of the angels begot children with human females. This fact is neutrally reported in Genesis (6:1-4), but other stories view this episode as the source of the corruption that made the punishing flood necessary. According to The Book of Enoch, the mingling of angel and human was actually the idea of Shernihaza, the leader of the evil angels, who lured 200 others to cohabit with women. The offspring of these unnatural unions were giants 450 feet high. The wicked angels and the giants began to oppress the human population and to teach them to do evil. For this reason God determined to imprison the angels until the final judgment and to destroy the earth with a flood. Enoch's efforts to intercede with heaven for the fallen angels were unsuccessful (1 Enoch 6-16).

The Book of Giants retells part of this story and elaborates on the exploits of the giants, especially the two children of Shemihaza, Ohya and Hahya. Since no complete manuscript exists of Giants, its exact contents and their order remain a matter of guesswork. Most of the content of the present fragments concerns the giants' ominous dreams and Enoch's efforts to interpret them and to intercede with God on the giants' behalf. Unfortunately, little remains of the independent adventures of the giants, but it is likely that these tales were at least partially derived from ancient Near Eastern mythology. Thus the name of one of the giants is Gilgamesh, the Babylonian hero and subject of a great epic written in the third millennium B.C.E. A summary statement of the descent of the wicked angels, bringing both knowledge and havoc. Compare Genesis 6:1-2, 4.

http://www.earth-history.com/Pseudepigr ... -intro.htm

Here are a few more documented reports from the USA.

1882 West Virginia, Brewersville: The remains of a giant human in a sitting position with artifacts of stone and flint were discovered near White Day Creek.

1883 Minnesota, Warren: Ten skeletons of both sexes and of gigantic size were taken from a mound.

1883 North Dakota, Mandan: A cemetery of over 100 acres filled with bones of a giant race was discovered.

1883 Ohio, Marion County: During general construction projects in the area giant human skeletons were unearthed.

1883 Ohio, Brown County: In ancient settlement sites remains of giant humans among the fromer residents of normal stature.

1884 West Virginia, Kanawha County: A skeleton 7 feet 6 inches long was found in a massive stone structure that was likened to a temple chamber within a mound.

1885 Pennsylvania, Gasterville: A large mound contained a vault in which was found a skeleton measuring 7 feet 2 inches. Inscriptions were carved on the vault.

1886 Pennsylvania, Ellisburg: An 8 foot skeleton was discovered.

1886 New York: Dozens of human skeletons were discovered with oddly shaped skulls avearging 7 feet in height

1886 Illinois: A number of large skeletons were found in Logan County and artifacts showing a degree of advancement much higher that the native population had attained.

1887 Wisconsin, Le Crescent: Bones of giant humans were discovered in burial mounds.

1888 Ohio, Toledo: 20 skeletons were discovered with jaws and teeth twice as large as those of normal humans

1888 Minnesota, St. Paul: The remains of seven skeletons 7 to 8 feet tall were discovered.

1890 Tennessee, Roane County: A giant skeleton was discovered measuring over 7 feet tall.

1891 Illinois, Dunleith: Members of the Bureau of Ethnology of the Smithsonian Institution discovered a large skeleton between 7 and 8 feet tall.

1891 Arizona, Crittenden: A giant was unearthed and a huge stone coffin that had evidently once held the body of a man 12 feet tall. A carving on the granite case indicated that he had six toes.

1892 Ohio Proctorville: From the Ironton Register, "Where Proctorville now stands was one day part of a well paved city, but I think the greater part of it is now in the Ohio river [sic]. Only a few mounds, there; one of which was near the C. Wilgus mansion and contained a skeleton of a very large person, all double teeth, and sound, in a jaw bone that would go over the jaw with the flesh on."

1894 Illinois, Pike County: In a conical shaped mound a skeleton over 7 feet tal was found.

1895 Ohio, Toledo: A mound held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east "twice as large as those of present day people."

1896 Minnesota, Lake Koronis: The skeleton of a huge man was uncovered. At Moose Island and Pine City, bones of other giants were found.

1897 Ohio, Jackson: A mound on a farm contained a giant skeleton.

1898 Ohio, Lake Erie Islands: Eight skeletons were found near the United States Coast Guard lighthouse, one measuring over seven feet in height.

1911 California, Lovelock Cave: An 8-foot tall, red-haired mummy discovered. This mummy eventually went to a fraternal lodge where it was used for "initiation purposes.

1918 Alton, Illinois: Robert Pershing Wadlow was born, educated and buried in Alton, Illinois. His height of 8' 11.1" qualifies him as the tallest person in history, as recorded in the Guinness Book of Records. At the time of his death he weighed 490 pounds. Robert was born on February 22, 1918, and weighed a normal eight pounds, six ounces. He drew attention to himself when at six months old, he weighed 30 pounds. A year later at 18 months, he weighed 62 pounds. He continued to grow at an astounding rate, reaching six feet, two inches and 195 pounds by the time he was eight years old.

1923 Arizona, Grand Canyon: The bodies of two petrified human beings 15 and 18 feet in height were discovered.

1931 Nevada, Lovelock: Large skeletons were found in the Humboldt lakebed. One measured 8 1/2 feet tall and appeared to have been wrapped in a gum-covered fabric similar to Egyptian mummies. Another skeleton was almost 10 feet long.

1932 New Mexico, White Sands: Supervisor of the Lincoln National Park, Ellis Wright, found human tracks in the gypsum rock 22 inches long and from 8 to 10 inches wide. The prints were human in origin due to the outline of the perfect prints coupled with a readily apparent instep.

1939 Nevada, Lovelock: A 7-foot 7-inch skeleton was found.

1947 California, Death Valley: The skeletons of nine foot tall humans were found.

1965 Kentucky, Holly Creek: Kenneth White dug a "perfectly preserved skeleton" from under a large rock ledge along Holly Creek which measured 8 feet, 9 inches in length when reassembled. He states, "the arms were extremely long and the hands were large. The skull was "30 inches in circumference. The eye and nose sockets were slits rather than cavities, and the area where the jawbone hinges to the skull was solid bone.

● Buffalo Bill Cody spoke of Sioux Indians who told about giants that ran down the buffalo.

● Some time in the late 19th century, giants with double rows of teeth, red hair, and skulls 3 to 6 times the size of normal humans were discovered on Catalina Island in California.

● The Algonquin have stories of giant, bearded men who first occupied their native lands.

● The Cherokee speak of giants who were twice as tall as the Cherokee and also about a great hunter of giant stature named Tsul´ kalu.

http://www.bibleufo.com/humanphenom8.htm

Have you seen the stone work at some of these sites? Cuzco and Tiahuanaco show some of the best. I'd like to know HOW this was done. We cannot do this,even with all our machines. Somehow this was done with ( supposedly ) with stone,bone and steam.

Latest posts