getting teeth out

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i went to the dental surgen to see when he wanted to pull or cut out my 9 upper teeth.an he set the appt mon 30th at 930am.he is going to charge the routine price an thats $1935.an he said he gave me a price break.so id hate to see what the other price is.ill be out of it till tues morning or afternoon i bet.im gonna try not todo any work for 2 or 3 days if i can.if i have to work ill work tues evening.

bigbull338":1laxqpu8 said:
i went to the dental surgen to see when he wanted to pull or cut out my 9 upper teeth.an he set the appt mon 30th at 930am.he is going to charge the routine price an thats $1935.an he said he gave me a price break.so id hate to see what the other price is.ill be out of it till tues morning or afternoon i bet.im gonna try not todo any work for 2 or 3 days if i can.if i have to work ill work tues evening.
To keep your strength up I suggest ice cream, chocolate malts, and bean and bacon soup.
Best to you.

thanks ill be eating alot of ice cream an soups.an i hope i can heal up without to much trouble.whats really bad is i love to eat.an i cant eat for a long while.

bigbull338":3alwpnlx said:
thanks ill be eating alot of ice cream an soups.an i hope i can heal up without to much trouble.whats really bad is i love to eat.an i cant eat for a long while.

You might not like it, but yogurt is very good for you and when I had my wisdom teeth out, the dentist recommended Carnation Instant Breakfast. Just don't suck it through a straw. Better for you than ice cream. Since you aren't going to be getting your nutrition from the foods you normally eat, you might as well get some good nutrition that you can't get from ice cream.

I can remember my daddy eating a lot of soup when he had his teeth out.

That sounds like a huge undertaking. I'm surprised they will pull them all at one time, usually don't they make you go back for at least 2 visits? Just remember to get that pain medicine, and take it, sounds like you may need it. Good luck

Gail

Bull...give'em a week, then go get you a meat grinder....cook that big ribeye up, grind it and give it hel.

im going to get the pain meds for sure.seeing as im a tough old bull i wont take them less i have to.the only thing i worried about is him popping both sides of my jaws pulling them.TB for the last 2wks ive been eating real good.went to red lobster last wed an have lobster shrimp scampie an crabb legs.an yesterday i had an 5oz serloin half rack of ribbs an 10 grilled shrimp on a scewr.

bigbull338":1yp7gatf said:
im going to get the pain meds for sure.seeing as im a tough old bull i wont take them less i have to.
tuff old bull or not ~ you hold out on the meds and the pain starts, you will have a difficult time getting it back under control. Don't set yourself up for that.

Call me lucky. I have never had to take pain meds for extractions. Now, I have had some killer toothaches waiting on the dentist to see me.

i havent had any toothaches with them.just 1 that gets real tender every now an then.thats what got the mess started.went to have it pulled.an he said get them all out.

bigbull338":e3pre8p3 said:
i havent had any toothaches with them.just 1 that gets real tender every now an then.thats what got the mess started.went to have it pulled.an he said get them all out.

I think I would find another dentist. The other 8 teeth if they are good will be better than any false teeth. I would go for the one and tell the dentist to get screwed.

jd i looked at the X-rays as he took them.the top teeth are completely gone.thats why i went in because i knew it was time to pull it.because it was wanting to abcess.my bottom teeth are in great shape.only 2 needs a filling.

What caused them to go bad Bigbull? chewing tobacco, snuff maybe.
I guess I'm lucky, only got 2 filling and 1 crown. Got mouth full of choppers.
Hope you heal fast.

he really didnt venture a guess as to what made them go bad.but i did chew alot of tobbacco an snuff for 18yrs.then i quit dipping 8yrs ago.he said citric acid would do a number on them.an i do drink a gal of gatorade everyday or so.

bigbull338":379f7qai said:
If you want to save a little money then you might try Affordable Dentures in Tyler Texas. Here is their website. My family has used them with good results.

http://www.affordabledentures.com/office.asp?num=42

my dentures are going to cost me like $1475.im going to have them locally made in case i have probs with them.oh i forgot his price includes smoothing the gums an getting them ready for dentures.

I think it would be kinda neat to look forward to some pretty store-bought teeth. Look at the bright side of it. You will have a dazzling smile.

Spekin of ice cream and malts and other food groups that are not good for you did any of you Texans see the stats for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo? 85,000 turkey legs sold? 8000 pounds of chicken fried bacon (my God, chicken fried bacon?)

lavacarancher said:
Spekin of ice cream and malts and other food groups that are not good for you did any of you Texans see the stats for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo? 85,000 turkey legs sold? 8000 pounds of chicken fried bacon (my God, chicken fried bacon?)[/quote]

Might as well eat a stick of butter. :p

1982vett":29hjguax said:
lavacarancher":29hjguax said:
Spekin of ice cream and malts and other food groups that are not good for you did any of you Texans see the stats for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo? 85,000 turkey legs sold? 8000 pounds of chicken fried bacon (my God, chicken fried bacon?)[/quote]

Might as well eat a stick of butter. :p

Don't knock it till you try it. I eat it about once every two weeks. Of course I do recognize the fact that I have a 30% greater chance of dying today than I did yesterday. :nod:

Latest posts