Getting started

Help Support CattleToday:

This to me is how we are going to keep on owning cattle. What I mean is I have saw small people not just in agriculture. But every where losing out to the big guy. Ask a pig producer how he or she is doing. I ran an article about how a small town wanted a certain chain of stores to come to their town. So they did and it is the only store still open. One of those Mart stores. :mad: Idon't know if that was the thread but that was my 2 cents. Thank you for the floor. :)

prettyponyrider":2f36lxsw said:
My pet calvi Scratchy is an awnry ole devil, he always scratches against the fence! the thing is that scratchy doesn't hair left except under his belly and mom said we can't take him to the county fair next year if he doesn't get better. Mom won't let me call a vet because she says scratchy isnt worth the expensif vet bill. Scratchy also eats his own droppings! Is this normal? Thanks

I would try some of the new hair implants for Scratchy.....if worse comes to worse, then maybe you could give him some of your rogain!

Maybe Scratchy will start a new class at the fair- The next step beyond slick shearing. If you are serious :?: you really need to find out what his problem is or Scratchy won't likely make it through cold weather. He could have parasite problems,an allergy, or who knows what. He also can't be doing very well on feed if he is in that condition. Ask a neighbor with cattle to look at him,or call the vet. Yes,the vet costs money,but so does a dead or unmarketable calf. As far as him eating his own poop :shock: it sounds like he may have some serious nutritional problems. :idea: What does he have to eat besides manure?

prettyponyrider":1rtez579 said:
My pet calvi Scratchy is an awnry ole devil, he always scratches against the fence! the thing is that scratchy doesn't hair left except under his belly and mom said we can't take him to the county fair next year if he doesn't get better. Mom won't let me call a vet because she says scratchy isnt worth the expensif vet bill. Scratchy also eats his own droppings! Is this normal? Thanks

Assuming your post is "on the level", the Vet should check him out. Young calves and horses will occasionally eat own manure, but just out of curiosity. If athe calf is eating manure because he doesn't have enough to eat, well, that is a problem! If mother won't pay for Vet or feed & hay bill...here's my advice:

"Sell mother to highest bidder" -- use money to pay Vet and feed your calf.

:shock:

Running Arrow Bill":2yz4vnw5 said:
prettyponyrider":2yz4vnw5 said:

Assuming your post is "on the level", the Vet should check him out. Young calves and horses will occasionally eat own manure, but just out of curiosity. If athe calf is eating manure because he doesn't have enough to eat, well, that is a problem! If mother won't pay for Vet or feed & hay bill...here's my advice:

"Sell mother to highest bidder" -- use money to pay Vet and feed your calf.

:shock:

I think I have a better idea. Sell everything and don't get anymore animals.

dun

Latest posts