Getting stains off a white cow!

Help Support CattleToday:

Sullivans sells a lot of hair products for show cattle. I am sure that they have something. Also in the horse section of tack shops ect. there are whitening products that will work for cattle also.
sullivansupply.com

don't own white ones and that problem is solved :D :lol2: I have some white ones that continually lay in mud and look terrible but i accept it and move on.

skyhightree1":3qzs7v2s said:
don't own white ones and that problem is solved :D :lol2: I have some white ones that continually lay in mud and look terrible but i accept it and move on.

them white cows don't know how to act right.

OwnedByTheCow":3n9x2yk3 said:
Oh for shows the judges like shaved legs.
My Brangus get a whole body and head shave! I just did the body of one of my big girls and it was a job! I do it a few weeks in advance so the lines have a chance to even out some.
What they see is what they get. Nothing hidden. Less work grooming on show day for me also! Just wash and go. :D

IMG_20140611_174301_zps0b96a817.jpg

The steins you see on her is all urine from her old owner and those are the steins I am having a problem with.

If you have access to a blower (livestock blow dryer) blow out all of the loose dirt - if not use a brush and brush it out. Wash her thoroughly with soap and water - you can use specialized animal shampoos, human shampoos, or my preference - dishwashing soap (something like Joy - it's meant for people to have their hands in, it's not too harsh for cattle). Soak her with water, squirt some soap in your hand and spread on your heifer. Repeat 'til you have her soaped from head to tail, then use a brush (preferably a plastic scrub brush) and scrub all over - especially those stained areas. Do it every day, if you still have stains after 3 or 4 days, get some bluing (wherever you get laundry detergent). After you wash her, while she's still wet, put a capful in a couple gallons of water, and scrub it into the stains (actually, I'd use it on all her white, it'll make it much brighter), then rinse it out immediately so it won't stain. If you use too much it can stain, too - won't harm your heifer, will just take lots of soap and scrubbing to get out the blue tint. You can skip a step and put a capful of bluing in 12 -16 oz of soap if you prefer, but separate steps work better on stubborn stains.

Its really not the manure that has been the problem its the old owners who aloud her to continuously lay in her own urine all day.It the urine stains that are the problem.

Latest posts