Getting rid of weeds

Help Support CattleToday:

Arancher

Reaction score
I just acquired a pasture and it has some real good bermuda grass in it . The problem is it also has weeds in it. I don't know the name of the weed but it is very common in Louisiana. It get's about 2 to3 ft. tall and looks somewhat like a tiny cedar tree. I know round up kills it becase i tried it in spots but also kills the bermuda. What would any of you recommend and also the rate of application.

Arancher":mkq0fido said:
Does it give rates, not to kill the good grass on the jug?

if p+d kills it, the rates should be listed on the jug (p+d is a restricted herbicide & you need an applicator's license to purchase it). we add p+d to the liquid fertilizer & kill two birds w/one stone. i think we normally use 1 qt/acre.

you might want to consider a wick sprayer if roundup kills it & if it's taller than the bermuda.

Get you a pair of poke-a-dot gloves, put on some long pants, and get to pulling! Takes hard work to get a pasture looking good.

Putting on poke a dot gloves works good if your working in your yard. I'm talking about a pasture.

Anonymous":f0idb6rf said:
Putting on poke a dot gloves works good if your working in your yard. I'm talking about a pasture.
pasture just takes a little longer.

Latest posts