Getting prepared for 2018 Breeding Season

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Well we have five calves on the ground so far, but when the babies start arriving it is time to start thinking about the next breeding season. I still have three bulls on my must have in the tank list but got the bulk of what we will be using this year ordered today. Today I ordered:

SAV Resouce
SAV Renown
SAV Reign
SAV Abundance
Buford Pathfinder
Bruin Torque

The other three bulls that I want to use are:

Coleman Doc
SAV Sensation
OCC Zodiak

Anyone else got their bulls selected yet?

gizmom

I have Mead Magnitude, Freys Opportunity, Connealy Black Granite, and Jindra Acclaim ordered. I will also use some Bridges Double Down, SF Speedway, and Sydgen Fate. If I had more cows I would like to use S Whitlock, and 3F Epic 4631.

I am in the middle of breeding mine now, I am using.

Hoover Dam on the heifers
SAV Renown
Connealy Earnan
Gar Prophet
EF Commando
Bruns Blaster

I have Basin Payweight on order but the date of the next shipment seems to get put back all the time.

Ken

I am ready for my spring breeding, its a disease I think. All I can think about is what semen I will be using next.

Heifers will be breed to LRS Elevate

Cows will have some Steel Force x Pays to Believe embryos implanted

Donors will be flushed to JF Milestone and............ (Not sure in the 2nd donor just yet), and then bred to W/C No Remorse and HPF Quantum Leap.

Still looking at possibilities and may wait until closer to breeding season to make a decision for sure. But so far I will be getting semen from NJW Hometown 10Y, KCF Bennett Encore Z311, R Leader 6964, and Hyalite On Target 936.

Will be using:

SAV Recharge
SAV Sensation
SAV Drover
Conneally Capitalist

on most cows.

SAV Bismark on some heifers.

Keep us updated on the Buford Pathfinder calves, he is on the short list to use next spring.

Angus:
KCF Fortress
SS Niagara
Hoover Dam

Hereford:
THM Made Believer
Mohican THM Excede

I've changed my mind so many times.
I'm thinking about trying ss Niagera on some cows this fall in hopes of making some awesome daughters.
I have about 40 heifers I will be breeding this spring Chisum and right answer daughters mostly(rest are Hereford/angus) thinking about throwing in some coneally comdrae in them.
Then I have around 60 more cows in the spring to breed I am still undecided on who to use. They are currently bred to sav reknown and var eldorado

Gizmom,
I thought you had some nice Sav Recharge calves? (I thought you had a really nice Recharge heifer in the Alabama sale)
I thought he might be on your list again.
I haven't made up my mind yet. I would like to use Connealy Century and Charlo.

Prob use SAV Bruiser again. Really also thinking about the ABS bull Hickock for heifers, and may also use his sire Consensus 7229 for cows.

Southside, Hoover dam, and war party for the majority. Going to try hoover no doubt on a select few

Hogtiming,
I haven't seen any updates on Southside. I saw that his son the Rock is being used.
Have you seen anything out of him or had some? I also like No Doubt.

Hogtiming,
I haven't seen any updates on Southside. I saw that his son the Rock is being used.

Air gator":10fqgbxv said:
Hogtiming,
I like Southside I have several cows about 25 cows from him. Reg and commercial. His calves grow well great dispositions. I haven't had any feet Issues. a lot like war party but a tad thicker from my experience

WinterSpringsFarm":3uhjnms1 said:
I am ready for my spring breeding, its a disease I think. All I can think about is what semen I will be using next.

Heifers will be breed to LRS Elevate

Cows will have some Steel Force x Pays to Believe embryos implanted

Donors will be flushed to JF Milestone and............ (Not sure in the 2nd donor just yet), and then bred to W/C No Remorse and HPF Quantum Leap.

I have my first Elevate due in two weeks. Bright Raven had one this week, looks pretty good.
I am going to try Genex's new bull, 1143Y (Lock n Load - full brother to W/C Loaded Up). I bought some Shell Shocked, but those calves do not arrive until spring. Right now, we have had some Optimizers and Live Ammo hit the ground.
I like using W/C Lockdown on heifers, also Pays To Dream and Elevate.
I bought some Milestone semen, not sure who I will use him on (or what...)

FSR- I have a Shell Shocked due this spring. I am friends with the breeder, and he had a couple out of him last fall. I'm pretty excited for mine to arrive.

I have 2 due to Optimizer tin the spring as well.

Would love to see the Elevates when they arrive.

We are going to use Pays To Believe ,Upgrade , Bandwagon and Optimizer on the cows. May try Lock Down or Brilliance on the 3 heifers not decided yet. May try the new Declaration bull Select Sires has on some cows.

gizmom":3pltja7h said:
Well we have five calves on the ground so far, but when the babies start arriving it is time to start thinking about the next breeding season. I still have three bulls on my must have in the tank list but got the bulk of what we will be using this year ordered today. Today I ordered:

SAV Resouce
SAV Renown
SAV Reign
SAV Abundance
Buford Pathfinder
Bruin Torque

The other three bulls that I want to use are:

Coleman Doc
SAV Sensation
OCC Zodiak

Anyone else got their bulls selected yet?

gizmom

We have used Resource for several breeding seasons now. He's a favorite.

We bred Sensation this past year, should start seeing his calves as early as Christmas.

For Resource and Renown being bros, we aren't fans of Renown.

Latest posts