Getting prepared for 2018 Breeding Season

Help Support CattleToday:

Got a call today from Genex Renown is on back order so may not be using him this year.

NE we have calves on the ground out of Recharge and cows in production out of Resource but nothing out of Renown have some due in the fall. What do you not like about his calves? We saw quite a few at Schaff and they were all really good.

AG I still have Recharge in the tank and will use him again we like his calves a lot! We have a Recharge calf on the Florida bull test that is doing really good we may bring him home to use. The boss actually likes the Recharge calves a bit better than Resource. I am waffling between the Recharge calf and a Resource calf here at the house to use natural service this year. I guess we will decide in December, both are really complete. The Resource is out of one of my all time favorite cows she is a Pathfinder. The Recharge is out of a younger cow this is just her second calf, but she has done a great job with both. We will be using C37 the Junauda 7009 x Rainmaker 6169 bull and our 1339 bull out of 658 x 0035 natural service as well. So I am positive on two out of three of the natural service sires.

Gizmom

Just added PVF Insight to the tank last week ...

On cows:
PVF Insight
Conneally Capitalist (found out he went back down to $30)
SAV Angus Valley
SAV Resource

If had more cows would also use:
Cowboy Up
JD Pay Dirt 546 (1682 son)
Musgrave Stunner

For 2nd timers, we are using

PVF Insight

For Heifers

S Whitlock
LD Capitalist 316 (sire of Musgrave Stunner)

Just had a Traction calf today. We are anxious to see a few Whitlock calves out of a few heifers in early '18

Thinking of using
ACW Ironhide
W/C Executive Order
Colburn Primo
and flush to W/C Loaded Up
It will more than likely change some until then but that is what I am thinking for now.

I forgot to mention an old bull I'm going to plug into a few spots this year an old one but a good one.

Bon View Emulation EXT 473 reg#11901155

As of this morning we have 20 on the ground calves are looking good so far.

Gizmom

tnfarmboy67":382bu6z4 said:
I have Mead Magnitude, Freys Opportunity, Connealy Black Granite, and Jindra Acclaim ordered. I will also use some Bridges Double Down, SF Speedway, and Sydgen Fate. If I had more cows I would like to use S Whitlock, and 3F Epic 4631.

First bull sale I ever went to was Mead Farms. Kind of neat to see someone using semen from one of theirs.
Wish you all the best of luck as seeing new calves on the ground is always fun.

rollinhills":2a1z3t67 said:
Our cows are due the middle of Oct to Buford Pathfinder I'm anxious to see those, haven't decided what to use next, if the pathfinder calves look good may use him again. Part of them will calve to our Really Windy 4097 son.

How are those calves, any pics or info?

Latest posts