Getting new show team organized.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Just started getting the show team ready for later in the year and early next year. Have 3 red South Devon and 2 black South Devon heifers and 3 red South Devon bulls. In the Brahman team I have started with 1 bull and 2 heifers all reds. The older ones for the team will only need a bit of a polish up on etiquette,closer to the show time.Have three senior South Devon bulls out working at the moment that belong to the show team.4 of my show cows (SDs) are yet to calve.Now the weathers warming up it makes it much easier to get stuck into the breaking in routine.
Colin

We too are starting to prepare for the spring show circuit. We will have 2 16 month old bulls, and five heifers ranging from 9 to 16 months. The two bulls and one of the heifers have been to shows at the beginning of this year, but the other four haven't. Got a lot to do . . . the first show is a week from Sunday, the new heifers haven't had nose clips, a show cane or a blower, one isn't weaned. And then, on the day they were all supposed to get washed, dried and clipped, it rains! It doesn't rain for 2 months and then on the day you need electricity outside . . . ah well, really can't complain. Oh dear, I have a lot of work to do!

ACM, what shows will you be going to? Best of luck with your preparations.

Our show season's pretty much finished up here. Just 3 shows I think left here in SE QLD. As of next weekend we'll be breaking in calves for next year's season. Will be showing Angus, Dexter and whatever school has next year. I will most probably go to most of the shows around SE Queensland next year which totals around 15-20. I will probably be at Toowoomba Royal with the school's Lowlines next year. So I may see you there AC.

We've got Adelaide Royal starting next Wednesday.
This year we're taking 4 junior bulls and 4 junior heifers. I clipped the heifers last Sunday, and even I'll admit they look really really good! I'm quite proud of them :p
Heading back down tomorrow to do the final prep with the bulls, who aren't quite broken in. Clip them, wash the whole team and get everyone organised.
We've had two steers on the feeder and while they've made the weight, they just haven't laid down enough fat, so I've decided to leave them home.
After Adelaide, I might break in 15 or so bulls to take to a few of the local shows ready for Naracoorte and Dubbo sales next year.
We've got a couple of female sales in October, one is the Broughton Park Ruby Anniversary sale, and the following day Bundaleer are running an invitation sale along with Belmore and Bayview. I'm looking to pick up a couple of PTIC heifers there.
October long weekend I'm heading to Cooma with a few of the kids from here for the National Shorthorn Junior Heifer Show, and then as soon as I get home I'm flying straight to Perth to compete in the National Beef Cattle Parader's Final.
Busy times!!! :roll: :D

Yes it is, but trying to fit all that in around uni work :roll:
I really can't wait for holidays!!