Getting my rifle back

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, it's been a long time, and my buddy had to light a fire under the butt of his gunsmith, he's had my Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag for a year, I'll be getting it back on monday... New wood stock (with ebony wood), Bushnel 3200 Elite series 4-16x 50mm scope, Leupold scope mounts, drop floor mag... Might get it Ceracoated over the winter as the bluing is pretty worn.. Have a friend who's starting a powerdercoating business so it would be good for him.

I think this is the stock it's got
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... grade.html

Cost a couple pennies but should be good for decades now.. I'll post pics when it's in my hands :)

Hopefully I can hit a bear with this.
Buddy seems to be gung ho on trying the Cerakote.. He's never done that before so I'll bring in my tattered old Cooey .22 for the trial run as well.
20160827_190826_HDR.jpg

We've had ONE grizz come by, but they usually don't hang around.. it's the blacks that are pests, and we have a LOT of them. It may be overkill for them, but I'm looking to go about 400 yards and I don't think the .308 would do that so well without sighting it in for that distance.. the .308 is sighted dead on at 100, and I'm told I should put the 7mm about 3-4" high at 100 to get the range. As you can see in the pic the bluing is pretty worn off.. I looked at the cerakote colors, I think Cobalt Grey or Midnight Blue would be pretty good.

callmefence.. interesting read on Glass

Nesikep: very nice rifle.

Fence: that is an interesting read.

KT: no such thing as overkill. Simply personal preference. Use a .460 Weatherby if you like it.