Getting Married

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":2h75yp2o said:
So long as you have common interests and goals, age and time are irrelevant.
Congratulations to both of you!!
thats right,,, and what killed my marriage her interest changed after we married i and i was'nt going to.. to dam old to start over

Ryder":18h69bjn said:
rowdyred":18h69bjn said:
GMN":18h69bjn said:
The way you say that sounds like you have some reservations? How young is your fiancee'?

GMN
I'm 45, she is 32 and a nurse
I would think "can she cook" is a lot more important consideration than the age differences.

Only if there are no good restaurants in town.

Rowdyred, :clap: Congrats and Best Wishes to a happy life together! :tiphat:
Me and my hubby first date was April fools day. By that Oct 11 we married,
35 years later have 3 kids, and 15 grandkids, 1 great grandkid.
And they said it wasn't going to last!

Mare":366jhxm4 said:

:p Now that is getting down to business. :lol2:

rowdyred":31ozf2wt said:
GMN":31ozf2wt said:
rowdyred":31ozf2wt said:
Just thought I'd let everybody know I'm getting married, been single for 8 years, was getting pretty used to it, got blindsided by a younger woman, she says she loves me, I love her too. Its probable to soon to get engaged (been dating 7 months), but I'm ready.

The way you say that sounds like you have some reservations? How young is your fiancee'?

GMN
I'm 45, she is 32 and a nurse

Well at least she is in a profession that will enable her to take care of you since you are older ;-)

1982vett":kk2x4ka4 said:
Mare":kk2x4ka4 said:

:p Now that is getting down to business. :lol2:

I agree Vett. I thought Mr Hd and I moved fast. We met in Sept. got engaged in Jan on my Bday (we only saw each other every other weekend during this time) and tied the knot in August. We have been together unofficially for 16 years as we lived in sin for awhile.. :secret: ;-) We just decided it was cheaper to live together rather than pay mortgages on two places as well as being able to see each other more often . It was a 4 hour drive before .

Congrats Rowdy and best wishes to your fiance. When you know it is right, time does not matter.. :)

I told my dad (age 86) who had a 60th anniversary recently about a friend getting married. He said "that is great, he deserves the same misery the rest of us have had"

rowdyred":30z2hhyh said:
Just thought I'd let everybody know I'm getting married, been single for 8 years, was getting pretty used to it, got blindsided by a younger woman, she says she loves me, I love her too. Its probable to soon to get engaged (been dating 7 months), but I'm ready.

I'm not going to say congratulations, nor am I going to extend my condolences. I will say good luck - there is nothing better than a good marriage, and nothing worse than a bad one. I wish you and your fiancee(sp?) the very best!

GMN[/quote]
I'm 45, she is 32 and a nurse[/quote]

That not that big of a age difference, from the way you said it I was thinking she must be much younger-good luck to you-have U set a wedding date?

GMN

GMN":ndxcm6v7 said:

GMN
I'm 45, she is 32 and a nurse[/quote]

That not that big of a age difference, from the way you said it I was thinking she must be much younger-good luck to you-have U set a wedding date?

GMN[/quote]
Thanks to all that has responded, yes we have set a date, July 4th, we met on July 4th, so we thought it would be cool if we married on July 4th, If I cant talk her in to running off and gettin married, that is the date.

rowdyred":14h0wh5g said:
sure, all friends are invited
I just noticed you are in Mississippi. Probably won't be able to get there in time for the wedding ceremony, but if I hustle I may can make it for the reception and the free food. :nod:
What about free :drink: . Or is this a Mississippi Baptist thing?

(This is an example of why people should always put the state they are in near their avatar. I could have missed the whole thing.)

I love it! Gettin' "tied down" on Independence Day. The irony is perfect. And nobody will forget the anniversary so you two are off to a great start. Best wishes for your future together.

Its a Baptist thing, no alcohol

Ryder":1f77xmhl said:
rowdyred":1f77xmhl said:
sure, all friends are invited
I just noticed you are in Mississippi. Probably won't be able to get there in time for the wedding ceremony, but if I hustle I may can make it for the reception and the free food. :nod:
What about free :drink: . Or is this a Mississippi Baptist thing?

(This is an example of why people should always put the state they are in near their avatar. I could have missed the whole thing.)

Latest posts