Getting Married!! Advice Welcome

Help Support CattleToday:

One last bit of information I will post on here ONLY because my wife would want it that way.. :lol:

THE BOTTLE OF WINE

For all of us who are married, were married, wish you were married, or wish you weren't married, this is something to smile about the next time you see a bottle of wine:

Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road.

As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride.

With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car.

Resuming the journey, Sally tried in vain to make a bit of small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

'What in bag?' asked the old woman .

Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, 'It's a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband.'

The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said:

'Good trade.....

Be sure to have Christ as the foundation of your marriage. You need to eat together and pray together as a family. Before marrying, you should also look at the one thing that you do not like about your bride. Don't full yourself, there is at least one thing that you would change if you could. Thing is, you can't change it. Given this is the case, mulitiply this "weakness" by 50. If you can live with it, go ahead and marry her. If not, bail out now before you have children. She needs to do the same.

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post. I would also like to thank you for your thoughts and words of encouragement. We sat down last night and read everyone's post. The big day is April 4th.

To answer some of your question, Yes she is my best friend, even when she tried to change gears in my work truck from 2nd to 3rd and puts it back in 1st. :) and slinging everything in the back forward. Well I am a good bit older than her and she is about to go to law school this fall, it just seems like we have known each other for a long time. I have even put her to helping me work cows and neither one of us got mad! :clap:

We went to have a meeting with the Preacher the other Sunday and he went through his prepared talk that he wanted to share with us and at the end he said that one of the greatest things that someone could do for a marriage is a act of kindness or something to benefit the other one. Well about that time she broke down crying and I was trying to figure what was going on and he asked her, why are you crying? She responded by saying "he sold his cows". I had to explain to him then that I had just recently sold all my cows so that we could move and she could go to law school. By the time it was over, they were both crying.

The current plan as of now is to get her through law school and she promised me that she would get us some more cows!

I have even put her to helping me work cows and neither one of us got mad!

In that case I think she might be THE ONE!

If that is the true test of a relationship I fear mine is doomed :help:

Did you all read that HE SOLD HIS COWS? Buddy don't get married you ain't got enough smarts for it. HE SOLD HIS COWS What in the world is wrong with you get your head out of your a$$.Seriuosly if that was what was needed good for you it's smarter than going in debt and they sell them every day.Good luck.

rusty":2fnlylz8 said:
Did you all read that HE SOLD HIS COWS? Buddy don't get married you ain't got enough smarts for it. HE SOLD HIS COWS What in the world is wrong with you get your head out of your a$$.Seriuosly if that was what was needed good for you it's smarter than going in debt and they sell them every day.Good luck.

I zeroed in on that comment to. It was a red flag for me also. The court system doesn't care about how nice a person is. They just go by the law in the jursidiction.

rusty":18bqoutu said:

Look fellows once I get married we are going to have to move so she can go to law school. I can't and I am not going to see after them for me. Because one, no body will see after them like I want them to. A older man told me don't ever let some one take care of your money. It was a hard decision but one I had to make, if there is repercussion from that, then so be it, I stand by my decision. I am not out of the cattle business for ever, I kept all my equipment and I will get back in a couple years.

Auburn_Ag":35equ83h said:
rusty":35equ83h said:

Look fellows once I get married we are going to have to move so she can go to law school. I can't and I am not going to see after them for me. Because one, no body will see after them like I want them to. A older man told me don't ever let some one take care of your money. It was a hard decision but one I had to make, if there is repercussion from that, then so be it, I stand by my decision. I am not out of the cattle business for ever, I kept all my equipment and I will get back in a couple years.
yep dont need em if you cant be there too look after em... good choice, can alway buy more cattle.......... the land, nother story

Auburn_Ag":193zo3li said:
rusty":193zo3li said:

Heck, marry her in three years when she gets back from law school.

Since I'm in the middle of my second divorce you may question the value of any advice I may give. A friend did send me an email you may want to consider.

The Journey of a Man

When I was 14, I hoped that one day I would have a girlfriend.

When I was 16 I got a girlfriend, but there was no passion, so I decided
I needed a passionate girl with a zest for life.

In college I dated a passionate girl, but she was too emotional.
Everything was an emergency; she was a drama queen, cried all the time
and threatened suicide. So I decided I needed a girl with stability.

When I was 25 I found a very stable girl but she was boring. She was
totally predictable and never got excited about anything. Life became so
dull that I decided that I needed a girl with some excitement.

When I was 28 I found an exciting girl, but I couldn't keep up with her.
She rushed from one thing to another, never settling on any thing. She
did mad impetuous things and made me miserable as
often as happy. She
was great fun initially and very energetic, but directionless. So I
decided to find girl with some real ambition.

When I turned 30, I found a smart ambitious girl with her feet planted
firmly on the ground, so I married her. She was so ambitious that she
divorced me and took everything I owned.

I am older and wiser now, and am looking for a girl with big :shock: .

John

Brandonm22":3mwnnfbk said:
Auburn_Ag":3mwnnfbk said:
rusty":3mwnnfbk said:

Heck, marry her in three years when she gets back from law school.

Auburn_Ag...when it is right, it is right...nothing can keep two people apart. I was just curious...how old are both of you?

KNERSIE":2910yzpl said:
I have even put her to helping me work cows and neither one of us got mad!

In that case I think she might be THE ONE!

If that is the true test of a relationship I fear mine is doomed :help:

You took the words outta my mouth!

Working cows is the only time that I can ever remember the wife and I raising our voices at each other, but we have an agreement that whatever's said at the barn is left at the barn.

Latest posts