Getting a new money pit.

Help Support CattleToday:

ibetyamissedme":15rsy639 said:
No such thing as a 3 pt on a wd45. You got a snap coupler. Make sure it is Persian orange 1.

Plenty of 3pt hitches out there on WD and WD45 tractors.

Good old tractors but not the easiest to get on and off. Have two on the farm that get quite a bit of use during hay season, and one that spends the winter with the snowblower on it.

IMO $2500 is way to much for one. Heck I have 2 of them and would sell them both to you for that price, both are running and driving one has a 3pt hitch setup on it and there is a loader to go with. I see them online and at auctions for 800-1200 bucks depending how many AC guys are in attendance.

quartercircle lazy j":1nf2zd7d said:
http://s4.postimg.org/cawp0zsxp/DSCN2876.jpg

I got a '51 WD for $800 at an auction a couple years ago. Has loader and 3 point conversion. Runs good for an old tractor, I paired it up with an old Ford baler and haven't had any problems. There is an Allis Chalmers forum with lots of good information available. The old tractors were built well.
DSCN2876.jpg

ibetyamissedme":2ebr62nf said:
chevytaHOE5674":2ebr62nf said:
ibetyamissedme":2ebr62nf said:
No such thing as a 3 pt on a wd45. You got a snap coupler. Make sure it is Persian orange 1.

Plenty of 3pt hitches out there on WD and WD45 tractors.
could you take a picture of that as I have never seen one. Only snap couplers.

Look at the ones on tractor house for sale.

Bigfoot":36qopzwo said:
ibetyamissedme":36qopzwo said:
Bigfoot":36qopzwo said:
Look at the ones on tractor house for sale.
You mean the ones with snap couplers?

Your fishing for an argument again. That's not my style.

Here is a good video of an after market one. I have made several at home.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D5B6eCYFA0U
according to you I'm a looney tune and no I'm not fishing for an argument a snap coupler attachment and a three point lift are not the same. I have never seen a three point on a wd or a wd45, only snap coupler attachments. Huge difference between the two.

If your referring to my pictures then that is indeed a standard 3pt hitch. That same snowblower fits on any other tractor with a standard cat 1 hitch with zero modifications.

The snap coupler implements have a long tongue that goes underneath the tractor. Both of my WD's are pre snap coupler but can also use "pin hitch" AC implements if I want along with 3pt equipment.

This picture shows snap coupler implements as the 1st and 3rd plow, the 2nd plow is a standard 3pt hitch, and the last plow is an AC pin hitch/pickup plow.

1399plows2.jpg

chevytaHOE5674":3uuohjtz said:
If your referring to my pictures then that is indeed a standard 3pt hitch. That same snowblower fits on any other tractor with a standard cat 1 hitch with zero modifications.

The snap coupler implements have a long tongue that goes underneath the tractor. Both of my WD's are pre snap coupler but can also use "pin hitch" AC implements if I want along with 3pt equipment.
A standard three point does not pull off the snap coupler, and that is exactly where you are pulling from. What you have is a category one snow blower mounted to a snap coupler attachment, albeit a crude one. The oem attachment would have snapped directly onto the tractor, easy on easy off. Yours must be somehow welded or bolted on.

What you are calling a three point is nothing more than the adapter allis sold to their customers so they could convert three point equipment to snap couplers. Initially these adapters were mounted to the piece of equipment itself. Whenever you wanted to hook up to said piece of three point equipment, all you did was back up to the adapter and snap it on to the tractor. Obviously there was a problem with this concept. The top link did not allow for pto use. As years passed operators started fastening the top link to the rocker shaft. Well now with top link attached to rockershaft it did not unsnap easily, so over time they just got left on the tractor. However leaving it on the tractor all the time made the use of the snap coupler awkward, reason being was the pin drawbar hitch commonly used today no longer worked without removing the adapter. so now the operators torched the adapter off from the snap coupler and either welded it to the pin drawbar snap coupler hitch or bolted it there. These things you call 3 point hitches are nothing more than equipment adapters that people Macgyvered to their tractors. A true 3 point hitch does not pull from the snap coupler.

What is a "true 3 point hitch"...? ha

My 3pt hitch does not pull off the "snap coupler" as you call it because that tractor has no "snap coupler". There is the underbelly drawbar but I can remove that and still keep the 3pt hitch on. This type of hitch works good for non ground engaging implements, as the lower 3pt links are attached directly to the rear axle housing. If you wanted to pull a 3pt mounted plow you would indeed want a 3pt hitch that utilized the underbelly drawbar mount (maybe what your calling the "snap coupler") because that is where the draft sensing for the lift is located, unlink most other smaller 3pt tractors that use the top link for draft control. .

chevytaHOE5674":2usl724n said:
What is a "true 3 point hitch"...? ha

My 3pt hitch does not pull off the "snap coupler" as you call it because that tractor has no "snap coupler". There is the underbelly drawbar but I can remove that and still keep the 3pt hitch on. This type of hitch works good for non ground engaging implements, as the lower 3pt links are attached directly to the rear axle housing. If you wanted to pull a 3pt mounted plow you would indeed want a 3pt hitch that utilized the underbelly drawbar mount (maybe what your calling the "snap coupler") because that is where the draft sensing for the lift is located, unlink most other smaller 3pt tractors that use the top link for draft control. .
The bolt your drawbar attaches to can easily be replaced with a snap coupler. All snap coupler equipment bolts up to that same bolt.

Latest posts