Getting a bit warm

Help Support CattleToday:

Arnold Ziffle

Reaction score
Well it seems like the "warm" wather is getting here a little later than usual, but I think it is going to make up for lost time. It was 96 degrees here in Houston yesterday with heat index of 115 due to the relatively high humidity. I felt every one of those heat index degrees yesterday afternoon while doing Bar-B-Q duty; I must be getting old and fat!

The weather guessers on TV last night said it was 109 actual temperature in Laredo yesterday, with heat index of 121. Rather unpleasant, especially for the last day of May. Somebody send us a cool breeze from way up north, and I wouldn't even turn down a nice little one or two inch sprinkle.

txag -- aren't you located down around Alice, in Duval county? If so, I heard ya'll were just a tiny bit "cooler" than Laredo yesterday. It's going to be a long and hot summer, don't you think?

We had July/August weather in May. High temps and higher humidity. This week we're getting back to normal, whatever that is, 70's and lower humidity. Almost feels like spring, which we bypassed for more winter this year.

dun

Arnold Ziffle":xx0tq7nn said:
Well it seems like the "warm" wather is getting here a little later than usual, but I think it is going to make up for lost time. It was 96 degrees here in Houston yesterday with heat index of 115 due to the relatively high humidity. I felt every one of those heat index degrees yesterday afternoon while doing Bar-B-Q duty; I must be getting old and fat!

The weather guessers on TV last night said it was 109 actual temperature in Laredo yesterday, with heat index of 121. Rather unpleasant, especially for the last day of May. Somebody send us a cool breeze from way up north, and I wouldn't even turn down a nice little one or two inch sprinkle.

txag -- aren't you located down around Alice, in Duval county? If so, I heard ya'll were just a tiny bit "cooler" than Laredo yesterday. It's going to be a long and hot summer, don't you think?

we're quite a bit farther north than alice (about 150 miles) & just north of the heat advisory issued by the nat'l weather service this morning so today we're a cool 91 degrees but very humid!

We had frost on the ground this morning, thunderstorm dropped a couple of inches this afternoon... weather about normal for us!

i dunno how hot it was today, but i felt it. at the vet all day in Dayton waiting to have my bull dehorned and get his nose ring put in. it sure was a scorcher, waiting outside in the truck for 4 hours slowly moving towards the building. the real killer was no A/C and absolutely no wind at all.

BEAUTIFUL DAY---I think today was the highest temp all year- got to 73-but the wind was still blowing 15-20mph. Hauled 62 heifers and cleanup bulls north today- couldn't even get close to the pasture because of the rain we've had- Dropped them off at the highway and had to trail them about 5 miles to the pasture- but there is water everywhere and the grass is growing-- hope I can say the same a month from now.

I would gladly take some of the heat off your hands. Here in Maine we have been unseasonally cold and lately wet. I could use 2 or 3 weeks of nice sunny weather and a breeze to dry the hay.

pat

PATB":2ikuec1s said:
I would gladly take some of the heat off your hands. Here in Maine we have been unseasonally cold and lately wet. I could use 2 or 3 weeks of nice sunny weather and a breeze to dry the hay.

pat

Don't wish too hard. I whined about the drizzly weather while we were haying. Now the ground is hard as a rock, that which isn;t already rock, and drier then a popcorn fart.

The middle of last month we were ahead for rainfall, now we're behind again.
I guess I would kick if I was hung with a new rope!

dun

Latest posts