Gettin' Older

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
It's a sure sign you're gettin' older when it takes you longer to rest up than it does to get tired! There's nothing like grandkids and new calves to charge your battery back up again!

We don't like to think of it as getting older, we refer to it as being more experience. e.g. I need glasses because my eyes are more experienced. Grandkids, calves and puppies just exhaust me now. I get tired just watching them, but it's a great "tired"

dun

This was 12 years ago and I sure feel it, sure a a lot of difference between 59 to 71 , and that 12 years has flown by, lot more medical issues in the last 12 years.
You young ones better prepare for it because it is snapping at your behind as we speak. :cboy:

Yea wonder what the members was doing 12 years ago. I was retiring after 40 years in the work force, unhappy all the time always wanting back to the ranch full time. :cboy:

This ol' thread struck a chord tonight. Just spent a half hour debating with myself whether to pay another quarterly premium on my disability policy. Price keeps going up. Between disability insurance, life insurance, health insurance, home/car/farm insurance, there are months that insurance eats up a whole chunk of the ol' paycheck! I think we need to re-evaluate how much we need of some of this. (And get rid of a redundant truck or two).

Over 20 years ago they talked me in to pitching for Co-Ed softball. Alternating ball pitches etc.

I got up to bat and hit a short hop grounder to the right of the 2nd baseman. It got thru. I ran to 2nd and they waved me on to third. Third base coach waved me home as the ball got muffed in the outfield too.

Those were like 90 foot bases. I ran flat out all the way around. I hurt for several days. They've asked me to come pitch again many times. I have not.

I'm old.

cowboy43":zlocybjc said:
This was 12 years ago and I sure feel it, sure a a lot of difference between 59 to 71 , and that 12 years has flown by, lot more medical issues in the last 12 years.
You young ones better prepare for it because it is snapping at your behind as we speak. :cboy:
I have noticed every time the front number changed a lot of things didn't work like the used too.

I'm not 40 yet and I'm already feeling a lot of it, especially my back, and after 2 months of picking #$%#$ rocks it isn't any better... I figure by the time I'm 60 I'm going to be pretty worn out, but new parts might be available by then!

Nesikep":dj8i48r5 said:
I'm not 40 yet and I'm already feeling a lot of it, especially my back, and after 2 months of picking #$%#$ rocks it isn't any better... I figure by the time I'm 60 I'm going to be pretty worn out, but new parts might be available by then!

I have some of those so called new parts I hate to tell they are no where as good as original equipment that was issued.

Caustic Burno":rt7b7eb1 said:
Nesikep":rt7b7eb1 said:

I have some of those so called new parts I hate to tell they are no where as good as original equipment that was issued.

Yea, but there a lot better than nothing.

Latest posts