Gettin cussed movin hay

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Bout all I've got time to say. Maybe bing 11 5X5 rolls at a time. Strapped, and driving as sensible as you can. People just have no patience/understanding. I miss when people were more understanding.

I feel for you, every time I see folks moving hay, or driving a tractor on the road, I have sympathy for them. It seems like most of the folks traveling these roads either have forgotten how it is, or have never known, probably the latter.

You need to live in a more farmie area. Slow tractors, combines, discs, hay wagons, around here they all get their needed space and time.

Bigfoot":bd516ft0 said:
Bout all I've got time to say. Maybe bing 11 5X5 rolls at a time. Strapped, and driving as sensible as you can. People just have no patience/understanding. I miss when people were more understanding.

Well, didn't you know that they're more important than you are? I didn't appreciate tractors much until I had my son, then every time we got "stuck" behind farm equipment it was a lot of fun. The only complaint I have is there's a guy that lives around me that drives his swather on a trailer going 55 and you'd better get out of his way b/c he's not moving. Other than that, it's just folks doing their jobs, making food for the rest of us.

slick4591":3geg4aex said:
Anytime I'm on a public roadway with the tractor my sphincter is puckered.

M-5":3geg4aex said:
This thread is worthless without pics

Ok. But it'll take a little time.

This is turning into a case of "Be careful what you wish for" quickly.

Bestoutwest":3857i2hr said:
slick4591":3857i2hr said:
Anytime I'm on a public roadway with the tractor my sphincter is puckered.

M-5":3857i2hr said:
This thread is worthless without pics

Ok. But it'll take a little time.

This is turning into a case of "Be careful what you wish for" quickly.

its a joke folks ..... good gracious BF posted a day or 2 ago how he hates the add image and photobucket is charging him and that's why he doesn't participate as much.

The same type of people that drive slow in the fast lane won't pass a tractor either. Sometimes I just pull the tractor over and let idiot by before they cause an accident. I haul 19 rolls not tied down safely at 60 in a 55 and every once in awhile someone in a fancy car will pass me.

wacocowboy":2122g1rz said:
People don't know how to drive on rural roads with ag equipment.

Let me fix that for you.
People without ag equipment don't know how to drive on rural roads in Texas.

Farm to market roads were built specifically for ag related use, it's why they (all 50,000 miles of them) are designated & called Farm/Ranch to Market roads.
110468695_917aff6b13_m.jpg

I just went to Maysville on US 62. State highway department had two tractors mowing right of way. Lots of curves made it impossible for the two vehicles in front of me to pass. We must have been in line for 15 minutes. I have to say, everyone was civil and patient. Even as the line grew.

Highway maintenance equipment is a different story. I've seen all kinds of objects get thrown out by r-o-w mowers. I pass by them things with great caution and trepidation... and won't lie..I kinda scrunch down in the seat when I do go by 'em.

But, if a city driver can't pass a slow farm tractor on the highway..how the heck do they pass a fast moving car?

greybeard":2ax6quc5 said:
wacocowboy":2ax6quc5 said:
People don't know how to drive on rural roads with ag equipment.

Let me fix that for you.
People without ag equipment don't know how to drive on rural roads in Texas.

Farm to market roads were built specifically for ag related use, it's why they (all 50,000 miles of them) are designated & called Farm/Ranch to Market roads.
110468695_917aff6b13_m.jpg

Many of our roads are narrow and lots of curves. Even when mowing right of way, the tractor uses most of the lane on the side they are mowing.
wqwpj9.jpg

If you get behind farm machinery here, you usually have a long wait.

Yeah, I know how it is Bigfoot. Most people today are too lazy to leave on time or early to get where they are going by such and such time. Plus some just love being in a hurry no matter what. I got to get to WAL-MART get the --- out of the way you ---- farmer.
Ron, US 62 is a pretty bad highway especially down my way at least. That's the road my brother died on.

greybeard":hjq3besj said:
Highway maintenance equipment is a different story. I've seen all kinds of objects get thrown out by r-o-w mowers. I pass by them things with great caution and trepidation... and won't lie..I kinda scrunch down in the seat when I do go by 'em.

But, if a city driver can't pass a slow farm tractor on the highway..how the heck do they pass a fast moving car?

Yep. He was throwing tons of beer cans up on the road.

:banana:

FlyingLSimmentals":3cbfs7pz said:
Yeah, I know how it is Bigfoot. Most people today are too lazy to leave on time or early to get where they are going by such and such time. Plus some just love being in a hurry no matter what. I got to get to WAL-MART get the --- out of the way you ---- farmer.
Ron, US 62 is a pretty bad highway especially down my way at least. That's the road my brother died on.

You got that right. It is death row over here. BTW: I think it runs from New Mexico to New York. It is the only US hwy to cross the Ohio River twice.

If I get 3 or 4 vehicles behind me I'm pulling over or stopping to let them by. Everyone's time is worth the same and I'm going to do my best to not waste yours.

Latest posts