Get rid of the cattle......

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
OH MY! My father dropped some Caribou meat off at the house ,and we enjoyed a steak or two out on the grill, OH my, my.............yummy.

I wonder if anyone can grow these baby's down in the lower 48 legally and cost effectively? I would trade 5 steers for one Caribou for eatin. Anyone else eaten it and feel the same?

You might try elk and see if it is close to the same! They are almost giveaways since Korea blocked the antler import due to chronic wasting in the us elk herd.
your friend
Mike

Other then being tougher then wang leather, I really liked the New Zealand bull beef we used to get at the butcher shop. Flavor out of this world. But not much different then any other 6-7 year old beef.

dun

I went caribou hunting 5years ago and I must say the meat is very good ( my wife even liked it ) but I'll still take a good home raised grain fed beefsteak any day

Well yeah you are all right, not much else there tops a good home grown juicy steak..not even chicken. A Lobster tail added to a filet mignon would be my all time ulimate supper.

But I just wanted to say, that not being a wild game eater, I was very impressed by the fine texture and the taste.

Have yet to try elk.....would love too though.

And was just told today , that in really bad weather and high snow, the caribou will eat each other's manure for nutrition. :oops: Now they are starting to sound more like chickens...... :lol:

Gees, now i am hungry again.

Latest posts