Get ready Jogee...

Help Support CattleToday:

RD-Sam

Reaction score
It's flooded big time up here, bridges flooded, roads washed out, homes under water. The tidal wave is headed your way. Suppose to keep raining til Sunday too, this isn't good! :help:

RD-Sam":1fmmez3a said:
It's flooded big time up here, bridges flooded, roads washed out, homes under water. The tidal wave is headed your way. Suppose to keep raining til Sunday too, this isn't good! :help:
5 in. since yesterday, here.. didnt get that much at home thankfully, this has been a wet month was blessed too get my hay in,,in between rains.. theres a man here i seen a stream running between his windrows coming in this morning

Looked awefully gloomy all morning but the sun is out now. I think its going to go north of us but then again the weather liars are calling for 30% chance of rain and we all know what this means. ;-) :lol2:

Jogeephus":1vvs2s0y said:
Looked awefully gloomy all morning but the sun is out now. I think its going to go north of us but then again the weather liars are calling for 30% chance of rain and we all know what this means. ;-) :lol2:
well depends if you got hay on the ground.... or seeds in the ground

alacattleman":16nad9hd said:
Jogeephus":16nad9hd said:
well depends if you got hay on the ground.... or seeds in the ground

That's so true. I was kinda hoping to cut some hay this week but like you say - maybe I better not cause folks are trying to get their crops in.

I would be more worried about all the water that's headed your way. I've lived here 25 years and never seen the rivers anywhere near this full. I don't think we have to worry about the resevoirs not being full anymore. :lol2:

A fella I work with's father lives just outside Atlanta and he had a big tree crash through his bedroom ceiling last night missing him by 10 feet. I think he got 10 inches of rain as well. Its drizzling here with a 20% chance of rain.

We've been in the 10 to 15 inch range since last night. It rained so hard a few hours ago I could barely see driving home. The creek behind the house looks like a white water rafter river, and it normally has very little water.

Jogeephus":1cyhaosn said:
A fella I work with's father lives just outside Atlanta and he had a big tree crash through his bedroom ceiling last night missing him by 10 feet. I think he got 10 inches of rain as well. Its drizzling here with a 20% chance of rain.

I guess we have 30% chance of drizzle... Boy, what a day. Trying to beat our supposedly chance of rain tomorrow. Actually it has been exteded all the way to Thursday. I disc up the 10 acre millet patch that was to wet to work Saturday and got it planted in oats. Threw in a little ryegrass too. Then strung up about 500 foot of electric fence. Setting around all Summer is working on me now.

1982vett":2r7ggsy1 said:
Jogeephus":2r7ggsy1 said:

I guess we have 30% chance of drizzle... Boy, what a day. Trying to beat our supposedly chance of rain tomorrow. Actually it has been exteded all the way to Thursday. I disc up the 10 acre millet patch that was to wet to work Saturday and got it planted in oats. Threw in a little ryegrass too. Then strung up about 500 foot of electric fence. Setting around all Summer is working on me now.

Working seasons is about like being a one legged man in an arse kicking contest. Seems to me that most people don't understand what hay, planting or harvest season means to someone. Toughest part to me is when we have a transition between two seasons like we do now.

Latest posts