gestation

Help Support CattleToday:

Typicaly gestation is 283 to 289 dats depending on the breed. On the cattletoday home page, towrds the bottom of the selections on the left side of the screen is an interactive gestation calculation table

dunmovin farms

> how can i find out when a calf be
> born if the cow was inpreganted on
> June 17, 2002 thanks

Ooops. I didn't think to count the days. I had thought it was just 9 mos. I saw 2 get bred and marked it on the calendar. An older cow calved 9 mos. and 2 days which worked out to 275 days and the 1st time heifer was 9 mos. and 1 day or 274 days. They must have both been early? They were both bred July 8th and calved April 9th and 10th.

[email protected]

Actually, 2 weeks early or two weeks late is considered within normal ranges. Frequently bulls calves are a little later then heifers, I guess it takes longer to build their external doodads. Heifers are usaully early unless they are late or occasionally on time.

dunmovin farms

> Ooops. I didn't think to count the
> days. I had thought it was just 9
> mos. I saw 2 get bred and marked
> it on the calendar. An older cow
> calved 9 mos. and 2 days which
> worked out to 275 days and the 1st
> time heifer was 9 mos. and 1 day
> or 274 days. They must have both
> been early? They were both bred
> July 8th and calved April 9th and
> 10th.

***** LOL... now, that is just about the turth! I personally AI'ed my heifer on July 7th... I induced labor after waiting five days past the due date.... the calf was born May 2... and is a heifer.... or did I wait a couple days longer than five days? At any rate.... the calf got borned and the gestation tables are good for at least the impression that we are on control of nature... somewhat.... lol

> Actually, 2 weeks early or two
> weeks late is considered within
> normal ranges. Frequently bulls
> calves are a little later then
> heifers, I guess it takes longer
> to build their external doodads.
> Heifers are usaully early unless
> they are late or occasionally on
> time.

> dunmovin farms

[email protected]