Georgia run off today.................

Help Support CattleToday:

Patriots: It is time to remove ourselves to a platform more worthy of our calling. It is a waste of time to offer logic to the illogical.
I can see no future in presenting the virtues of liberty to a closed mind and an open mouth. It is time to strike the tents.
Not to worry the 'flies' will follow the camp when they discover they have nothing to feed on......... LVR

Appreciate post on cattle issues, but don't understand post on this topic, and am curious what's read or watched to form opinions on this matter.
I don't watch much of my news, though I will watch the CBS evening news or 60 Minutes if there's something interesting going on. I never watch cable news. I listen to either NPR or Limbaugh in the truck. Read some articles online, whatever isn't behind a paywall. I avoid Facebook like the plague, and only see Tweets if they're linked in an article or message board I read.

I would have considered myself pretty moderate until fairly recently. Couldn't stand Hillary. The Republican party and conservative media sources really lost me with the science denial. It started with the climate change debate. The science is clear and obvious that it's happening, it's a man made problem, and fossil fuels are the primary culprit. I couldn't maintain my faith in sources that continued to downplay it or dismiss it. Covid 19 cemented that stance for me. Experts were sounding the alarm back in January, and conservative media and Republican politicians tried to pretend it was nothing for as long as they could. When it became obvious that was incorrect, they pivoted to saying that there was nothing to be done and we should all just go about our lives as though nothing was happening. I could go on and on.

When it comes down to it, I'm no expert on economics, or social sciences, or foreign policy. But I do know science, and when one side consistently lies to me on that front, why should I put any stock in their other policies? If the side that has climate change and Covid-19 right tells me that a $15.00 minimum wage is needed, I'm going to let them try it, because I can't prove them wrong and they've done more to earn my trust than the other side.

Patriots: It is time to remove ourselves to a platform more worthy of our calling. It is a waste of time to offer logic to the illogical.
I can see no future in presenting the virtues of liberty to a closed mind and an open mouth. It is time to strike the tents.
Not to worry the 'flies' will follow the camp when they discover they have nothing to feed on......... LVR
Adios.

I don't watch much of my news, though I will watch the CBS evening news or 60 Minutes if there's something interesting going on. I never watch cable news. I listen to either NPR or Limbaugh in the truck. Read some articles online, whatever isn't behind a paywall. I avoid Facebook like the plague, and only see Tweets if they're linked in an article or message board I read.

I would have considered myself pretty moderate until fairly recently. Couldn't stand Hillary. The Republican party and conservative media sources really lost me with the science denial. It started with the climate change debate. The science is clear and obvious that it's happening, it's a man made problem, and fossil fuels are the primary culprit. I couldn't maintain my faith in sources that continued to downplay it or dismiss it. Covid 19 cemented that stance for me. Experts were sounding the alarm back in January, and conservative media and Republican politicians tried to pretend it was nothing for as long as they could. When it became obvious that was incorrect, they pivoted to saying that there was nothing to be done and we should all just go about our lives as though nothing was happening. I could go on and on.

When it comes down to it, I'm no expert on economics, or social sciences, or foreign policy. But I do know science, and when one side consistently lies to me on that front, why should I put any stock in their other policies? If the side that has climate change and Covid-19 right tells me that a $15.00 minimum wage is needed, I'm going to let them try it, because I can't prove them wrong and they've done more to earn my trust than the other side.
You have really drank the kool-aide IMO. Climate change is real and has been happening since the beginning of time, and will continue to the end.

Is Covid a real virus? Yep it is.
Survival rate a little lower than the flu, nowhere as bad as smallpox virus death rate of 30%.
As for believing the science you should have said the propaganda. It's become a religion for some.
I do believe we had the Medieval warming trend that lasted for centuries as well as the little ice age, the climate will keep changing with or without us.
Has man altered climate yes.
These huge cities are heat sinks and artificial mountain ranges.
Our medical technology has gotten so good we don't loose 30 to 50% to a virus anymore.
Life expectancy has doubled world wide.

So the climate changers should be cheering Covid on.
Instead of trying to control populations through abortion and birth control just roll back
modern medicine.
Kill on the back end and front end it and get better results.

Well said CB. I will add that the god DR. Fauci was among those in January saying we had nothing to worry about. The CDC had no guidance available to medical personnel until March. One that believes in science would be smart enough to know that the bulk of this man made change comes from places like China with their lack of environmental regulations. So voting for a side that is going to empower them and not hold them accountable is shooting yourself in the foot on that front. Manufacturing solar panels and windmills then disposing of them at the end of their life cycle I am sure has no carbon foot print nor does the destruction of thousands of acres of forest and crop land they install them on. Then to turn a blind eye to the blatant attacks they have done to the freedoms in this country on top of that is baffling to me.

I assume they ride bikes everywhere and don't own a car. Follow their cows around with a vacuum tank collecting farts and buy nothing prepackaged or made in China. They refuse to fly on a plane and have no AC in their house or car. I imagine every dime they make goes to charity as well. If you are willing to give up your freedoms then these things are but just small sacrifices I am sure you already make voluntarily.

Biden's Inauguration Parade - Guatemalan officials report that approximately 6,500 migrants are on the move from Honduras. The migrants began pushing through the Guatemalan southern border. Their ultimate destination — U.S.A.

For me, I tend to be more conservative on social issues, pro life, pro 2nd amendment, support freedom of religion. I believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
On fiscal issues, it gets into some gray areas where I tend to lean towards the left more. It seems the right is pro big business and corporations and thus they get a significant amount of money from those, and they have the money to buy influence. Those corporations are not necessarily bad in and of themselves but, look at what has happened to agriculture and the livestock side of it especially. The traditional small farms have disappeared in masse, as well as the mom and pop stores that once were have been replaced by large box stores. I believe in the free market capitalist system, but I do feel that some businesses and industries have gotten unfair legislation over time to give themselves cover and have predatorily pushed out smaller competition until they have a monopoly. I don't think that monopolies are good for anybody.
Im not for a lot of the silliness that the left has on its platform, I'm not sure that the raise in minimum wage would help much as businesses would just raise prices for consumers. I do however feel that there is a disparity of income.
I believe that race is much more of an issue than most want to admit. The last several years perhaps the last 12 years racial tension seems to be more out in the open.
I don't drink the Kool aid from either side of the spectrum and people can call me an idiot or sob or whatever makes them feel good about themselves. Bottom line I do love my country and I believe we owe it to everyone to collectively come together and ask the hard questions and seek solutions, not just divide off into political factions and build a wall ( no pun intended, maybe) around our selves to isolate from differences.

It seems the right is pro big business and corporations and thus they get a significant amount of money from those, and they have the money to buy influence.
That is such a throw back. Both parties are now OWNED by global corporations. That is why we are so out of balance.

At the risk of over simplifying things - Democrats used to represent the interest of the "every day working man" and Republicans represented the interest of "business". That struck a balance, of sorts.

Now all of DC, and much of state government is only representing the interest of global corporations. That is who funds them. Politicians have to deliver value to their "investors".

Biden's Inauguration Parade - Guatemalan officials report that approximately 6,500 migrants are on the move from Honduras. The migrants began pushing through the Guatemalan southern border. Their ultimate destination — U.S.A.
On the way and by the time they get here there will be a lot more cross our open borders These will be placed in the most conservative states you can bet on it. Look out Texas, Tennessee and the few others that are left.

WNJCweL.jpg

Last edited:
Good, I'm having trouble finding Americans willing to work in construction right now. The illegals we do have are good little workers and know nothing of labor laws or taxes.

No gender birth certificates when Obama was in pushing, the boys were wearing dresses to school and the girls acting like boys and it really cause a lot of problems. As soon as Trump got in it stopped. Probably a return and worse under Biden. I see this as an end to sports including the Olympics. Who wants to watch a bunch of transgenders compete in woman sports or any sports.

Last edited:

Step one to curtailing the spread of any overseas virus is halting travel from the hotspots. Trump did that in January of 2020 and that idiot Biden called him a xenophobe. Who's the real denier?

Good, I'm having trouble finding Americans willing to work in construction right now. The illegals we do have are good little workers and know nothing of labor laws or taxes.
Your state will get plenty of them and they will turn you state into a Liberal state just like the others. Short term gain long term disaster.

We have a more contagious virus fixing to take over. We will see how well Joe controls it.

Last edited:
For me, I tend to be more conservative on social issues, pro life, pro 2nd amendment, support freedom of religion. I believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
On fiscal issues, it gets into some gray areas where I tend to lean towards the left more. It seems the right is pro big business and corporations and thus they get a significant amount of money from those, and they have the money to buy influence. Those corporations are not necessarily bad in and of themselves but, look at what has happened to agriculture and the livestock side of it especially. The traditional small farms have disappeared in masse, as well as the mom and pop stores that once were have been replaced by large box stores. I believe in the free market capitalist system, but I do feel that some businesses and industries have gotten unfair legislation over time to give themselves cover and have predatorily pushed out smaller competition until they have a monopoly. I don't think that monopolies are good for anybody.
Im not for a lot of the silliness that the left has on its platform, I'm not sure that the raise in minimum wage would help much as businesses would just raise prices for consumers. I do however feel that there is a disparity of income.
I believe that race is much more of an issue than most want to admit. The last several years perhaps the last 12 years racial tension seems to be more out in the open.
I don't drink the Kool aid from either side of the spectrum and people can call me an idiot or sob or whatever makes them feel good about themselves. Bottom line I do love my country and I believe we owe it to everyone to collectively come together and ask the hard questions and seek solutions, not just divide off into political factions and build a wall ( no pun intended, maybe) around our selves to isolate from differences.
Poor people don't create jobs.
Problem is the left believes in government funded programs.
This is a unicorn fantasy as all government programs are taxpayer funded.
It's like tax corporations they don't pay taxes they collect them from the consumer.
The left loves government programs as it enslaves voters to the government.

Cattle farmers around here are scared Biden will put a pollution tax on cattle.

Well we can sell out and let them go to Soylent Green.
The film was set in the year 2022.

Latest posts