Georgia run off today.................

Help Support CattleToday:

If we can work on repairing the fence, then maybe the fence won't be destroyed and then maybe the ship won't sink. Just saying.

Is it better to look for solutions and try to save the ship? Or to decide that the ship is going to sink, accept that as fate and then work on breeching the hull? Is there any room for hope that the ship can be saved? Or only excitement over the scrap/salvage value of the ship?

Is it better to seek and propose solutions to benefit the majority? Or just wallow in the mud and stink of the existing system?
Just thinking out loud.
Sounds good in theory until one side says...

Give us your Guns... no
Money... no
Water... no
Let us kill babies... no
Cops... no
Soldiers... no
Christians... no
White people... no
... and kneel and apologize to these people for some thing you never did... no

... and if you dont we will persecute you and riot and burn cities and silence your voice

Hard to find middle ground on those with extremists.

When people want to act like adults about real issues I'm here but the trend seems to be going further and further from that.

Give us your Guns... no
Money... no
Water... no
Let us kill babies... no
Cops... no
Soldiers... no
Christians... no
White people... no

... and if you dont we will persecute you and riot and burn cities and silence your voice

When people want to act like adults about real issues I'm here but the trend seems to be going further and further from that.
Nailed it.

That thinking would work 40+ years ago..when there were democrats and republicans...we're dealing with radical liberals now ..and there's no reasoning with them..
I agree that there are some individuals that have some far out views on the left, but there are comparative far right individuals as well.

I agree that there are some individuals that have some far out views on the left, but there are comparative far right individuals as well.
Give me an example or two of ideas as presented by Republican US Congressional representatives that you consider "far out" please.

Give us your Guns... no
Money... no
Water... no
Let us kill babies... no
Cops... no
Soldiers... no
Christians... no
White people... no

I agree with nearly everything, and I certainly don't condone violence, rioting. Race relations have come a long way, but there is definitely still a ways to go. I don't know the answer, and do agree that what ever it is it needs to be approached in a respectful and reasonable way by all parties.

Give me an example or two of ideas as presented by Republican US Congressional representatives that you consider "far out" please.
Sure, in very recent history, the efforts to cast doubt on the election, and in particular the attempts to dispute the electoral college. I consider the electoral college as an essential institution particularly if we want to continue to have a voice as rural, middle American flyover states. The left would love to just have a popular vote and then elections would be decided by far left metropolitan areas.

Sure, in very recent history, the efforts to cast doubt on the election, and in particular the attempts to dispute the electoral college. I consider the electoral college as an essential institution particularly if we want to continue to have a voice as rural, middle American flyover states. The left would love to just have a popular vote and then elections would be decided by far left metropolitan areas.
Your right. There were a lot of accusations from both sides regarding the election. If only some one would have audited the votes we could have seen which side was correct. To bad we dont have a legal system or govt group or media outlet to dig in to some thing like that. We could put that deal to rest and punished the accusers.

If only...

That one event divided this coutry more than any one thing in my life. It will have huge long term impacts. They should have done an investigation and put it thru the courts prove the legitimacy. You cant just leave accusations like that unanswered. It doesn't help any one.

The whole country needed that to have any chance of coming together. That is the real cause of the problems at the capital. Every one who denied that process caused that.

Last edited:

... and kneel and apologize to these people for something you never did....
Brute your problem is you let facts get in the way. :)

January 2021
St Paul city council voted in favor of reparations for descendants of slaves.

Brief Minnesota history.
1803 acquired by USA as part of the Louisiana purchase
1825 Ft Snelling built
1839-1849 trading post 10 miles from the fort to establishing St Paul
1857 Minnesota statehood with State Capital in St Paul.
1861-1865 the civil war

2021 St Paul pop. 310,000 the 64th largest city in USA with city council
members who appear to believe they were elected to run the World.

The vast majority of Minnesotans descend from Europeans migrating to USA
after the civil war.

So, while they're at it, why not....
amend it to include reparations to descendants of Moses and the Israelites
enslaved in Egypt by the pharaohs.

After all it's the duty of St Paul residents to right all wrongs. :)
or am I being unreasonable?

Last edited:
You'll not find a single Republican calling for the abolishment of the Electoral College. Try again.

You'll not find a single Republican calling for the abolishment of the Electoral College. Try again.
I didn't say they called to abolish it, they tried to change the way that it has worked, thus questioning its legitimacy, which in turn plays into the hands of those who want to abolish it.

I will give one example. Cutting taxes without cutting spending. When Outgo is more than Income, big trouble is ahead. Whether it is a family, a city, a state or Uncle Sam. I always felt that the republicans were more fiscally responsible than the democrats. But in the last four years they cheered as we increased spending and lowered taxes at the same time when we already have record debt. I am just too dumb to understand how that works out well in the long or medium term. I need some education on that. How will that work for the future?

And need to put more effort into cutting spending instead of raising taxes. Pretty sure both will be required.

Best hope at this point is to have enough conservative people run for congress in two years with ideas that appeal to 60% of the voters in their district so that conservatives can retake congress. There should be enough unhappy people after two years to allow that to happen IF the candidates look to the future and not the past.

I will give one example. Cutting taxes without cutting spending. When Outgo is more than Income, big trouble is ahead. Whether it is a family, a city, a state or Uncle Sam. I always felt that the republicans were more fiscally responsible than the democrats. But in the last four years they cheered as we increased spending and lowered taxes at the same time when we already have record debt. I am just too dumb to understand how that works out well in the long or medium term. I need some education on that. How will that work for the future?

And need to put more effort into cutting spending instead of raising taxes. Pretty sure both will be required.

Best hope at this point is to have enough conservative people run for congress in two years with ideas that appeal to 60% of the voters in their district so that conservatives can retake congress. There should be enough unhappy people after two years to allow that to happen IF the candidates look to the future and not the past.
Revenue to the treasury went up after the tax cuts. Spending is, was, and always will be a problem.

Latest posts