Georgia run off today.................

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't have to think very hard at all, the racial tension was around long before, I mentioned 12 years as a point when it became much more out in the open. The reason for that was likely out of fear or anger about those who are somehow different. I personally believe that it was a time of missed opportunity to make a difference from all. Over the last few years, racial tensions have been both stoked and used for political gain.
I hate to say it most mom and pop stores are long gone. Believe me, I know I owned a paint store, and glass cutting business downtown. Stores can't compete with the big one stop box stores that buy wholesale at a much larger volume, and thus can buy merchandise much cheaper than stores like mine. Our down town is pretty much non existent except for some offices. There are always local feel good nostalgic efforts to grow downtown again, but that ship has sailed and the town is now pretty much the same box stores and chain restaurants out on the bypass as any other town anywhere.
Actually you don't know much at all about racial tensions.
Feelings are worse today on both sides than in my lifetime.
It has come full circle open segregation, integration, to ethnic diversity which is nothing more than shadow segregation.

Your OK with open boarders?

No, and neither is Biden. I do think we should make it easier for immigrants to get in, though. Have them go through a check in station so we can do background checks, give them papers, allow them to get a driver's license, etc. Amnesty for those who are already here with a clean record. Commit a felony, you're out. Periodically show proof of employment, or you're out.

If you look back historically, every immigrant wave was decried by some people as the downfall of America. Every argument made today about Hispanic immigrants sounds the same as the ones used against Irish and Germans decades ago. "They're lazy! They're criminals! They're taking our jobs! They're raping our women! They won't assimilate! Their culture is anti-American!" Blah blah blah. Wasn't true then, isn't true now.

The funny thing about people complaining about Hispanic immigrants voting Democrat is that they're really a natural fit for the Republican party. Most of them are quite religious and socially conservative. If the Republican party would quit trying demonize them, they'd probably be voting Republican.

Actually you don't know much at all about racial tensions.
Feelings are worse today on both sides than in my lifetime.
It has come full circle open segregation, integration, to ethnic diversity which is nothing more than shadow segregation.
Oh I don't do I? Have you ever been told by folks that you could not use a rest room? I have and I'm pretty much white but perceived to be Hispanic or other by some people that don't know me, especially when in some small towns around. Have you ever been told to go home, ie back to the country you came from? I have many more example too, dating back to child hood. The whole range from people making comments about if I was adopted all the way to someone that I had never seen telling me at about 7 years old that they hated me. My wife is of Mexican and Choctaw heritage and she doesn't see why that people think that of me yet see has seen it as well. I have have had some conversations with African American friends about how things are and while your belief may true for you it's a different reality for others.

"...so we can do background checks, give them papers, allow them to get a driver's license, etc." How about a way for them to pay taxes or for services paid by and meant for citizens?

"Every argument made today about Hispanic immigrants sounds the same as the ones used against Irish and Germans decades ago. "They're lazy! They're criminals! They're taking our jobs! They're raping our women! They won't assimilate! Their culture is anti-American!" Blah blah blah. Wasn't true then, isn't true now."
If so, and it's not, why do we have a major theme of "one type of lives matter" instead of "all lives matter"?

"...so we can do background checks, give them papers, allow them to get a driver's license, etc." How about a way for them to pay taxes or for services paid by and meant for citizens?

"Every argument made today about Hispanic immigrants sounds the same as the ones used against Irish and Germans decades ago. "They're lazy! They're criminals! They're taking our jobs! They're raping our women! They won't assimilate! Their culture is anti-American!" Blah blah blah. Wasn't true then, isn't true now."
If so, and it's not, why do we have a major theme of "one type of lives matter" instead of "all lives matter"?
That's exactly what I'm proposing. If they're here and have a work visa, they're on the books and paying taxes.

As to your second point, it's because we also have a major theme of "one type of life killed by police" at a significantly disproportionate rate of the population.

Yall need to quit watching TV about border issues and get down here and live it.

Yall are doing nothing but regurgitating liberal talking points.
What has been your experience?

I know several immigrants personally. Their population is booming here. Good people, and the stories they tell of walking through the desert or packing into sweltering trucks to cross the border are harrowing. A wall isn't fixing any problems; just making it easier to ignore the suffering on the other side.

Oh I don't do I? Have you ever been told by folks that you could not use a rest room? I have and I'm pretty much white but perceived to be Hispanic or other by some people that don't know me, especially when in some small towns around. Have you ever been told to go home, ie back to the country you came from? I have many more example too, dating back to child hood. The whole range from people making comments about if I was adopted all the way to someone that I had never seen telling me at about 7 years old that they hated me. My wife is of Mexican and Choctaw heritage and she doesn't see why that people think that of me yet see has seen it as well. I have have had some conversations with African American friends about how things are and while your belief may true for you it's a different reality for others.
No you really don't.
I have seen the official uniform of the Democratic Party hanging in closets.

I have biracial grandkids and nieces and nephews and the hatred today is worse towards them.
Before it was out in the open even under the sheets.
Today it's just hidden because of political correctness.
It's actually worse because of minority privileges. Some minorities get more privileges than others.
The old divide and conquer.
From affirmative action to preferentially treatment for college entrance.
I have a wack (half black/white) niece going for her PhD that was talking about voting for the party of evil.
She has been totally indoctrinated by the leftist university.
The party of slavery, KKK, Jim Crow, segregation still owns her.

I know several immigrants personally. Their population is booming here. Good people, and the stories they tell of walking through the desert or packing into sweltering trucks to cross the border are harrowing. A wall isn't fixing any problems; just making it easier to ignore the suffering on the other side.
Fix there own country first is my reply. We are no longer trying to settle a continent.
We are becoming overcrowded and can't take the world's problems here.
We need to take care of Americans education and jobs today before the first foreigner sets foot on American soil.

There is nothing more evil than the Plantation Party and their politics and policies of enslavement.

Is your last name Koch?

They are NOT immigrants, they are illegally trespassing in our country. They broke the LAW! Good grief man you are smart enough to know that.

No, and neither is Biden. I do think we should make it easier for immigrants to get in, though. Have them go through a check in station so we can do background checks, give them papers, allow them to get a driver's license, etc. Amnesty for those who are already here with a clean record. Commit a felony, you're out. Periodically show proof of employment, or you're out.

If you look back historically, every immigrant wave was decried by some people as the downfall of America. Every argument made today about Hispanic immigrants sounds the same as the ones used against Irish and Germans decades ago. "They're lazy! They're criminals! They're taking our jobs! They're raping our women! They won't assimilate! Their culture is anti-American!" Blah blah blah. Wasn't true then, isn't true now.

The funny thing about people complaining about Hispanic immigrants voting Democrat is that they're really a natural fit for the Republican party. Most of them are quite religious and socially conservative. If the Republican party would quit trying demonize them, they'd probably be voting Republican.
We employed, a DACA recipient female mid 20's. The job we had for her had down time and she and the misses got to know each other fairly well. She was open about the fact that she was milking the system for her benefit. She had 5 children at the time we sold that business and she bragged that she was receiving $1000ea. for her children PER month. We (tax payers) paid for each and every Childs birth. This while getting food stamps and any other benefits. She had a boyfriend but they wouldn't marry because she would lose all the benefits This is where I get chapped, when they come they drain resources that the American people have to pay for. They know how to game the system for maximum benefit. That's just 1 example

Last edited:

Sure sounds like a yes

Just ordered looks like an excellent read. Especially in today's times.

Some real irony of theatrics in DC. Two weeks ago we had a 100 cops against 100K protesters. Today 25k troops against an unattended inauguration.

No you really don't.
I have seen the official uniform of the Democratic Party hanging in closets.

I have biracial grandkids and nieces and nephews and the hatred today is worse towards them.
Before it was out in the open even under the sheets.
Today it's just hidden because of political correctness.
It's actually worse because of minority privileges. Some minorities get more privileges than others.
The old divide and conquer.
From affirmative action to preferentially treatment for college entrance.
I have a wack (half black/white) niece going for her PhD that was talking about voting for the party of evil.
She has been totally indoctrinated by the leftist university.
The party of slavery, KKK, Jim Crow, segregation still owns her.
Caustic my friend, we are talking the same issues but from different angles. The Jim Crow era, segregation and KKK sought to define and control by division. You are right, that pressure from political correctness has hidden it some, and more so in some areas than others. I know that some view affirmative action and other efforts as unfair, but I honestly don't see how any sort of equal opportunity could have been achieved across the board without some intervening legislation, when there was and is such mindset based on stereotypes, prejudices.

Caustic my friend, we are talking the same issues but from different angles. The Jim Crow era, segregation and KKK sought to define and control by division. You are right, that pressure from political correctness has hidden it some, and more so in some areas than others. I know that some view affirmative action and other efforts as unfair, but I honestly don't see how any sort of equal opportunity could have been achieved across the board without some intervening legislation, when there was and is such mindset based on stereotypes, prejudices.
After segregation everyone had the same teachers and books here. The playing field was level.
LBJ came along and introduced the great society.
To get a bite of the apple there could be no family unit.
This was the first step backwards towards enslavement again.
Any real progress after that is pretty much windows dressing for 12% of the vote.
Why do you think certain ethnic groups excel in studies over others .
It's a real simple answer,
it's family units of both parents and even more so for those that include the grandparents.

Most of those policies sound good to me, along with the majority of Americans who voted for him. Guess we'll see.

If you don't care for representative democracy or government, you could try moving to Somalia or Yemen.

Didn't think you were anywhere near the Mexican border.
He's closer than you . And I know good and well you have to walk around Mexicans that are still dripping muddy water every time you go to town..lol

Latest posts