Georgia Flood!

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Holy Crap!!! I haven't watched the news in a couple of days, just saw the coverage on the flooding going on in Georgia! You folks okay down there???? Two years ago in October was in Perry, things were so dry they were concerned about city water systems drying up....

No flooding or heavy rains in my area. We've had a few showers and a few ominous clouds but very little rain to speak of. I think most of the rain is hitting from Macon north. I've talked to some people up that way and they say its bad with roads washed out and trees on houses.

Jogeephus":ctkvrcs4 said:
No flooding or heavy rains in my area. We've had a few showers and a few ominous clouds but very little rain to speak of. I think most of the rain is hitting from Macon north. I've talked to some people up that way and they say its bad with roads washed out and trees on houses.
Glad you are okay! :nod: I couldn't believe those pictures, it is bad!!! And looks like it is still raining!

We're getting enough to keep me from cutting hay, but it's still pretty dry. I saw Kennesaw GA on the news last night and it was incredible.

Still flooding, but at least there has been little or no rain today. If it keeps raining it will keep flooding. The ground is so saturated already that the water goes right in the streams and rivers. There was a small stream running through the back yard and the front yard yesterday, and there isn't suppose to be any, good thing I'm on a hill. :lol2: Roads are closed all around here, you really have to work at it to go anywhere. Lots of people with flood damage that had no idea water would ever get to them, it's a big mess. No shortage of water now!

We had 7 inches since Friday and it stopped this morning. Some folks got 15" or more in the same time frame within 60 miles. Flooding was purty bad with 8 deaths. Allatoona went up about 13'. It is 12' above full pool but not at record levels. Flooding was worst in the areas downstream than I recall. It could be because of development since the last time this happened.It didn't appear that the corps was releasing water through the dam. It was a mess South of us.

For us ... we came out OK. I hate it for the others and pray for them.

Keep dry we could do with a little moisture right now to wash away the dust from the incredible dust storm thats on at the minute.I have never seen it so bad. Planes have been grounded along parts of our Eastern seaboard. Gale force winds are blowing. The cattle are hiding down over the hills.

Latest posts