Georgia drought

Help Support CattleToday:

That wasn't much of a rain that just came through here, probably less than a quarter inch. It'll be evaporated before morning. Y'all must've got a lot more than I did.

Got another 1.4" here on wed for a total of 2.4 inches. Thank god for that but I would've gladly gone without it if it could have helped save some of Gatlinburg. Those poor folks...

I totaled out with 1/4 inch. I hope we get more or we may have some problems on the horizon.

I'm glad those who got more got what they did. Is it wrong to be envious?

farmerjan":34sp9fvm said:
Heard on the radio this morning that Amherst fire is contained so we should be okay. Will take alot more rain to get us where we need to be back to, but this is a real blessing.

Drove through Lovingston and Amherst today, it was nice to see no smoke and fires.

We too had more rain yesterday, the creek has a little bit of water again.

My heart goes out to the folks in Gatlinburg and other areas that have had tornados. :(

ga.prime":mphfxxmj said:
That wasn't much of a rain that just came through here, probably less than a quarter inch. It'll be evaporated before morning. Y'all must've got a lot more than I did.

Jogeephus":mphfxxmj said:
I totaled out with 1/4 inch. I hope we get more or we may have some problems on the horizon.

Wound up with 3/4" here. Very thankful for it.

Jogeephus":2zyzp92j said:

Conundrum Jogee......while one should be cheereful about the good fortunes others may be blessed with, it is a real pizzer when your on the short end over an over and over......to the extent you do begin to be envious. Now on top of that, the good book says not to covet thy neighbors ....donkey..... Now I surely can understand if you want to kick the cat......dang I sure feel for you all. After what we went through from 2008 to 20015 it's hard to have faith that weather patterns will ever be favorable for an extended period of time.

From what I saw on the long range national forecast, you folks in the SE are supposed to get this stuff when a West to East cold front moves it eastward from us. Tuesday-Wed for you maybe?

Looks like most of Georgia is getting a little something.

Just saw the moon through the fog....2.7 inches since Friday. Skunk is heavy in the air too. :lol: