Georgia Boy's

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Son's and I have been talking about booking a deer hunt over in ya'lls great state.
We just want to do something different any suggestions as there is plenty of sites on the net.
Thanks

I am sure we can work something out C.B. Last year was a little weak, next year will be good. This picture is out of my back porch.
2012-12-12_07-40-47_728-1.jpg

A guy I know went on a pay hunt over in west central Georgia. It was supposed to be in a high quality area of the state for deer, lot's of farm country. He never saw a deer only hogs. The guys website had lot's of pictures of deer and hogs but my buddy only saw hogs. He was not happy.

We don't really care for South Texas.
Family migrated out of Ga. and I have never seen the state.
It is about the same distance as South texas.
Just thought it would be some good clean guy fun, it is going to cost us all double anyway.
The Mrs. is already planning a girl trip.
There is 100's of places on the net to hunt and the pictures look great.
I am totally ignorant on the good areas of the state.
It would be nice to kill a good buck no one is expecting a Boone and Crockett hunt.

My deer hunters usually come from Georgia. They all tell me the deer are small, but plintiful. Sounds like you will get lucky.

I don't think much of the pay hunt places. The more pressure you put on the herd the less chance you have of getting a nice buck. A lot of these pay hunt areas are pretty lame in my book.