georgia boy's

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo":24ghck13 said:
Unreal..... 6400 acre plantation. That's going to be expensive to buy, and then expensive to operate.
the amish will buy it tear the mansion and the other brick homes down and build a woodframe farm house on it :lol:

grannysoo":5aiqg30p said:
Unreal..... 6400 acre plantation. That's going to be expensive to buy, and then expensive to operate.

You are right. And finding good help on the plantation is getting nearly impossible to find. I mean, look at the crabgrass in the flower bed by the guest house and you can just imagine the stress this puts one under.

IMG_2875.jpg

And then there is the issue with the nail heads working there way out of the fence. Help just doesn't seem to care that one of the Belgians might cut himself on a nail. Its just so frustrating. It makes you want to flog someone but nooooooooo you can't do that anymore. Used to, the floggings would continue until the attitudes improved but not anymore. Geesh. What are you gonna do?

IMG_2890.jpg

1982vett":84o32g7g said:
Jogee, sorry to hear you are selling out. :oops:

Just can't deal with all the rain, huh? :p
Jo I guess this means you are running away to that little island you so often speak of and you are going to leave civilization behind
Congrats just send us a pm every now and then and let us know how the good life is

I don't much care for the house, but it would be fun to be wealthy and farm like you want too.

GMN

MO_cows":10wr4euw said:
Odd how they are selling it at auction and split into tracts. Foreclosure, or forced sale??

I'm willing to bet you its a Treasury Department sale. This is how they normally sell a property - or at least this is how they sold my neighbor's place when he told them to go do something to themselves rather than paying a huge fine.

1982vett":10wr4euw said:

Its too late in the year for me to sell out. Besides, those slant-eye's I trusted with my bearer bonds got nabbed in Italy with my walking around money. :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":1hy3p2iz said:
1982vett":1hy3p2iz said:

Its too late in the year for me to sell out. Besides, those slant-eye's I trusted with my bearer bonds got nabbed in Italy with my walking around money. :lol2: :lol2:

Sorry about the error. Please don't hold it against me, I'm only small time and don't fully grasp such things. I can certainly understand about being short walkin around money. Hope this sale will tide you over till you can recoup. :p

:lol2: :lol2: BTW, I was talking to a guy whose brother works for a guy who is helping a fella who won $250,000,000 in a lottery. He said the lottery commission asked them to wait a week to collect their money. They did but when they got there they gave them a check for $100,000 and some change for the week's interest. He said they are moving out of their mobile home and into an 18,000 square foot house that they are building on a 1600 acre farm they bought along a river. :shock: Could you imagine having enough money to do just about whatever you wanted. Personally, I wouldn't change much but I assure you I wouldn't do anything I didn't want to do AND I'd have some of the finest hay equipment in my county. :nod: Oh, and a A/C'ed tractor hooked to each and every piece. :banana:

MO_cows":21qbcbyw said:
Odd how they are selling it at auction and split into tracts. Foreclosure, or forced sale??

Your right. Something doesn't smell up to snuff. Nice place though!

Jogee, a tractor with A/C on every piece? I like that idea! And, I'd like a 100' batwing mower just so I would have to make only a few passes here and there. And one of those balers that stacks the bales too! And don't forget the DVD player in the tractor cab while the unit is running off the GPS. :nod:

BeefmasterB":11p0wx1x said:
MO_cows":11p0wx1x said:

Your right. Something doesn't smell up to snuff. Nice place though!

Jogee, a tractor with A/C on every piece? I like that idea! And, I'd like a 100' batwing mower just so I would have to make only a few passes here and there. And one of those balers that stacks the bales too! And don't forget the DVD player in the tractor cab while the unit is running off the GPS. :nod:

You're thinking like me. The money wouldn't change us it would just change the way we do things. ;-) :lol2:

Joe that reminds me. Winter is coming, we've gone past the Summer Solstice.
How you coming with our Winter residence?
Something half that size would be plenty. :nod:

mnmtranching":3u5jxn0j said:
Joe that reminds me. Winter is coming, we've gone past the Summer Solstice.
How you coming with our Winter residence?
Something half that size would be plenty. :nod:

The palm fronds are drying as we speak. Just need a little more regulation and a smidgeon more taxation and then we can call it home. :nod:

Well, I was all ready to register and put in a bid but the kitchen in the main house is just not up to snuff enough for me and a bit cramped...... 8)

23_34_21.gif

I was going to make a bid too. I could make do with the kitchen even though it would be a bit cramped but I don't own a stepladder tall enough to change the bulbs in the hall so I guess that rules me out. :nod:

Latest posts