Georgia Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie'":ee72ck4i said:
ollie":ee72ck4i said:
Here is what I am buying next. I have never worn out a soul from redwing but the upper that used to go with this soul was a one piece toe. They always cracked at the bend of my foot. I switched to the white soled boot with the two piece leather "top stitched" and never had a problem with the leather but wore the sole out. Now they have this boot I think all my problems will be solved. I never wear a insulated boot , they make my feet cold.
http://www.redwingshoe.com/shoe-zoom.cfm?style=403
Well I went yesterday and got these new boots. They seem to be well made. They are comfortable. I dont know if I like the big speed lace loops . I made it on the others (kind of) till yesterday. Had to sew them up once more. :D If it had been wet I couldn't have made it this long. It just got to be a challenge but they got so bad they were hurting my image (which is pretty hard to hurt). The lady at the shoe store was looking for the size after not believing I wore a 9 1/2 2E . She held the boot by a lace and examined with a pencil. :D Might have went a day or two too long. I have been A.I.ing some cows so all you A.I. techs know what was on them and what they smelled like. I don't really blame her. These were 25 dollars or so cheaper than the last pair I bought . I guess the canvas part cheapens them up some. I'll let you know in a year or so how they did.
I bought a new pair of justin boots today. I still like Redwing but I bought Justin last year (still made in USA) and I think they were more comfortable and just as long lasting, maybe longer. These fit nicely and feel comfortable out of the box. They are similar to these but I think the tassel deal looks kind of queer so I take that off. http://www.justinboots.com/boots/men_cl ... 4fccf8=545

Dave":entaq0rm said:
I wear Danner's. They cost more at about $200-250 a pair but they out last everything else I have tried by two or three times. They are still made in America. I have worn Georgia, Rockies, Wolverine, and others, I only get about a year out of them. With a re-sole job or two I get at least four years out of a pair of Danner's. And they are comfortable on the feet which is important because I live in them.
Dave

I tried a pair of Danner's on last week, and I loved the way they felt. I have worn Red Wings for many years, but I may just switch over to those Danner's. Glad to hear someone else liked them.

I've found it helps for you to ask the people that sell them to see what they have had the most complaints about.

for me I've found out that the Tannic Acid found in our Florida creeks and swamps and the cow manure removes the soles from Wolverine boots and the stitching from Redwings. :eek:

The only boots that have been able to hold up to this are the Justins and 2nd the georgia boots. I was told at my store I buy from (local dealer who has been in business 30 plus years) that Justin and Georgia treat their boots to resist these conditions.

Thanks for the input, I got this comment from another forum saying essentially the same.

"I've worked in a factory in Georgia Boots. They are OK if you are just making small circuits in a factory, but there is NO way I would hike in them. Their midsole and footbed are NOT made for long-term walking. Their fit is pretty generic. A steel toe would almost certainly mean immediate bruised toes on any uneven terrain. Just don't do it."