George Carlin..

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, even though he was a bit before my time, I will miss him. My older siblings used to listen to him. He certainly had a razor sharp wit. So who's next? Famous people die in threes.

Famous people have been droppin' like flies... :shock:

I loved George Carlin! He could just stand there with this "look" on his face and I'd laugh until I cried.

Alice

kerley":3fjkarev said:
Mario Andretti was killed in a racing accident yesterday

I know a drag racer named Karletti (sp) was killed day before yesterday...hadn't heard anything about Mario Andretti.

Alice

kerley":2nh3vwsf said:
Mario Andretti was killed in a racing accident yesterday

What??? I didn't hear anything about that. Whoa!!!

are t you talking bout connie kaletta.i thought he had retired from dragg racing.i just heard bout carlin this morning.i to laughed everytime i heard him.an i sure havent heard about maroi andreddie.

Mario is alive and well.
Drag racer, son of Connie Kalitta was killed.
Carlin's early stuff just killed me. His later stuff had too much rancor in it for my taste.

Alice, I believe you are correct. I saw the crash on T.V. this morning and herd someone say Andretti. Andretti was not killed, just interviewed. Again I acknowledge my error. Thanks, Tom

john250":2161mba5 said:
Mario is alive and well.

Scott Kalitta, 46, ugly crash. Sad day for drag racing. George Carlin dieing is a said day for everyone.

john250":rn04sd78 said:
Mario is alive and well.
Carlin's early stuff just killed me. His later stuff had too much rancor in it for my taste.

Well, okay then. I thought that would have been major news that even a hermit like me would not have been able to escape.

Yes, my brother had a George Carlin tape. He did a thing about dogs that just killed me. All his pot humor is great, too.

Lammie":lqeokpmt said:
john250":lqeokpmt said:
Mario is alive and well.

Well, okay then. I thought that would have been major news that even a hermit like me would not have been able to escape.

Yes, my brother had a George Carlin tape. He did a thing about dogs that just killed me. All his pot humor is great, too.

The Hippy Dippy Weatherman skits from The Smothers Brothers Show were crazy funny.

He definitely pushed the envelope and paved the way for a lot of young comics. I remember him being arrested on stage once after doing his bit on the seven words you can't say on television, but I can't remember where it was. I always loved his bit where he compared baseball to football. He seemed to get increasingly angry and bitter as he grew older. Too bad.

I bought about 4 copies of the 8 track with the seven words you can't say on television. Didn't lose em and the tape player didn't get em. Momma did!! After the 4th copy, I had the skit memorized. Still do, but there is no one who I know well enough to tell it to.

The Bachelor":3zj49mp3 said:
I bought about 4 copies of the 8 track with the seven words you can't say on television. Didn't lose em and the tape player didn't get em. Momma did!! After the 4th copy, I had the skit memorized. Still do, but there is no one who I know well enough to tell it to.

That's okay, Brad. I still have Alice's Restaurant memorized. No one will sit through that, either. I committed it to memory when I was about 11 and still remember it.

He was the greatest! Fantastic counter-culture comic. Dry, deadpan type comedy, pushing the limits on "forbidden" topics and his analogies, etc. A 180 degree from "redneck" comedy...probably will never be another George Carlin. The 60's and 70's were the best of times...in a lot of ways...lol.

You can read a transcript of some of his routines, especially the "Seven Words" by googling "George Carlin" and a number of links come up for him.

Even though Cable and Satellite TV has a lot of "good" shows now with a lot of unmentionable words and phrases, there is a lot to be said for the innuendos of the 60's and 70's in comedy. And, obviously, the more "overused" a word is on TV (or movies) the less impact it has and less shock effect.

Another case in point: One of the SciFi programs (Battlestar Gallactica, Atlantis, etc.) has characters that frequently say the word, "Frackking"...interesting twist to a no-no word...lol. I can just imagine the number of "re-takes" some of those characters have to do when the prohibited word escapes and they have to do "another take" before the show is finally approved...

Lammie":9fedo1ib said:
The Bachelor":9fedo1ib said:

That's okay, Brad. I still have Alice's Restaurant memorized. No one will sit through that, either. I committed it to memory when I was about 11 and still remember it.
:shock: You are either a progidy or whatever the rainman was. Alices Restaurant would take up over half my brain cells :) .

One of the SciFi programs (Battlestar Gallactica, Atlantis, etc.) has characters that frequently say the word, "Frackking"...interesting twist to a no-no word...lol.
Yep, ol Snerdly almost got my mouth washed out with soap on numerous occasions.

Lammie":16ccripz said:
The Bachelor":16ccripz said:
:shock: You are either a progidy or whatever the rainman was. Alices Restaurant would take up over half my brain cells :) .

With Lammie, it's more like 80%. :idea:

john250":3jy8o1jq said:
Lammie":3jy8o1jq said:
The Bachelor":3jy8o1jq said:

With Lammie, it's more like 80%. :idea:

Zing!