Gentle breed for 1st time 4Her

Help Support CattleToday:

> What is a good breed 2 start off
> with? THANKS

Try Pinzgauer! These cattle are wonderful to have around. They are very gentle, it is hard not to make pets out of them! We started out with Herefords and crossed them with a Pinzgauer bull. Since then we've been hooked! We have both Hereford Crosses and Purebred Pinzgauers. Wouldn't trust anything else with our kids...Our 9 year old will be showing his Pinz heifer at the beef expo this year.

[email protected]

I recommend Shorthorn - they are gentle, good mothers, and the bulls are well mannered and stay home.
> Try Pinzgauer! These cattle are
> wonderful to have around. They are
> very gentle, it is hard not to
> make pets out of them! We started
> out with Herefords and crossed
> them with a Pinzgauer bull. Since
> then we've been hooked! We have
> both Hereford Crosses and Purebred
> Pinzgauers. Wouldn't trust
> anything else with our kids...Our
> 9 year old will be showing his
> Pinz heifer at the beef expo this
> year.

[email protected]

> I recommend Shorthorn - they are
> gentle, good mothers, and the
> bulls are well mannered and stay
> home.

Everyone will have their favorite breed, mine is Murray Grey. They are very docile and easy to handle, as well as being a moderate sized breed. They are a cross between the black angus and the shorthorn.They have the best qualities of both breeds.

[email protected]

I strongly reccomend polled hereford, or a hereford simmental cross...they are very well mannered,good mothers,excellent projects for younger kids and do well in a purebred or commercial setting!

[email protected]

I personally like Gelbvieh, I've found they are for the most part really calm and easy training. Last year we had a 6 year old show one of our heifer calves. This year a 8 year old showed our bull calf. both had no problems, we couldn't get the 8 year old way from the bull calf he liked him so much. I'm 15 and I can't complain about Gelbvieh they have always been my 1st choice.

Jane

[email protected]

Latest posts