Genex Bull Lad 20P-Working Clothes

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice calf!. Love that huge tag! We always put the big cow-sized Z-tags on the calves when they were born until last year. Had one whose ear folded over and dropped down. He was almost a month old before his ear would stay up like it was supposed to. Made the big investment and bought calf tags for this year. :)

Calf looks good! Cattle breeding really isn't that difficult but we seemed to make breeding difficult. I stopped by Frasers this spring to look at some Angus bulls. Didn't buy one this year but I certainly will give their program a look when I buy my next one. Good people, nothing fancy just cattleman. Isn't that what the industry is about?

I have PM'd you my phone number

SEC":3frx2uel said:
Calf looks good! Cattle breeding really isn't that difficult but we seemed to make breeding difficult. I stopped by Frasers this spring to look at some Angus bulls. Didn't buy one this year but I certainly will give their program a look when I buy my next one. Good people, nothing fancy just cattleman.
  • >>>Isn't that what the industry is about?<<<<
I have PM'd you my phone number
if only :( last man it dealt with was. honest down to earth .interested in making a little and selling a good animal to boot

I bought a pretty good bull at Fraser's on order for a commercial guy for $6400-A purebred guy tried to buy it off him after the sale and he wouldn't sell it lol.

NORTHERN RANCHER-

Observing your bull (Lad 20P) and spending some time REALLY, intensly focusing on his Phenotype and Functional Traits helps me to be optimistic about the knowledge and future of modern-day Beef Cattle breeders! This Hereford bull approaches the optimal phenotype of what Terminal bulls should be in order to sustain the necessary traits which will continue to help Commercial (AND purebred) producers to be successful in producing PROFITABLE females for breeding purposes.

Perfection is not achievable - but this Hereford bull comes close! What a Phenotype to mate with compatible Angus genetics to produce optimal Black Baldy mommas!

NR - you have a REAL Cattleman's eye!

DOC HARRIS

Angus/Brangus just phone your Genex rep they are marketing him for me. Doc Harris thank you for the vote of confidence-I was lucky to find him. I guess even a blind pig can find the odd acorn. Doc you should call my good friend-and boss-Willie Altenburg. He lives in Fort Collins and pass on your thoughts.

Is anybody interested in a some real good straight Hereford and Red Baldy heifers bred to this bull. They'll be for fall of '08 delivery and will be bred on 6/24 and 7/04. There are a few hundred of them located in northeast Montana.

Hank014.jpg

Here's a pic of a Lad 4H steer two days shy of his first B'day-show day is tomorrow!!!

Well just got some bad news-Lad got hit by lightning last weekend out at Fraser's-it always happens to the good opnes it seems. Were lucky that Genex has a large semen bank on him.

Northern Rancher":5t3sz1m1 said:
Well just got some bad news-Lad got hit by lightning last weekend out at Fraser's-it always happens to the good opnes it seems. Were lucky that Genex has a large semen bank on him.

Sorry to hear that. I was told by a friend if you ever want to see if feed is bad put the best one out there it will kill them first. The old broke down cow will live forever.

I am glad you have some semen banked up on him.

Jeff

Northern Rancher":20qknud1 said:
What a shame!! :devil2: It is a blessing that there is semen available from him. This is the time to REALLY concentrate on the genetics with which to mate with that semen in the anticipation of acquiring progeny which may prove to be justified.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining! Sometimes it takes hard work and thought to realize it. Look around diligently and compare genetics and phenotype. All hope is NOT lost!

DOC HARRIS

What's his BW. Great looking bull . Was going to use him this year but genex rep had no info on him.

Does your Genex rep have a Genex catalogue-his BW-performance data and E.P.D's are all listed next to his picture. It seems my parent company has some pretty slack reps working for them south of the line. His actaul BW was 60 pounds by the way so he'll calve very well.

His numbers were in the printed catalogs; but for a long time they weren't on the online catalog (I assume that has since been fixed).

Northern Rancher":1bd494rw said:
Does your Genex rep have a Genex catalogue-his BW-performance data and E.P.D's are all listed next to his picture. It seems my parent company has some pretty slack reps working for them south of the line. His actaul BW was 60 pounds by the way so he'll calve very well.
60 pnds never would have thought that low. he's a curve bender?

Brandonm22":2qdw0pva said:
His numbers were in the printed catalogs; but for a long time they weren't on the online catalog (I assume that has since been fixed).

I think the problem is that the bull hasn't been updated in someone's herd summary. I've noticed this normally happens when bulls are sold to commerical cattleman, bulls that go inactive or are older, or people that just don't turn in much information to the Association. Could be wrong though and anyone feel free to correct me or add info. Or, I just checked and it looks like this bull isn't registered in the United States. I believe in my Genex Catalog they use his Canadian EPDs : http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=51525F50

From AHA website : "Error Messages
Animal/s not found in database. Adjust selection criteria and try again. You entered: Name: starts with F-R 552 LAD 20P, Horn Status: Both,"

http://genex.crinet.com/beef/index.php? ... 05&lang=EN

An astute observation. After you mentioned it, I searched for him at a the AHA site using the registration number and got nothing. Somebody has made a clerical error someplace.

Trust me any semen rep worth his salt could of answered with no trouble at all-I've sold semen for a longgg time and I've never given a potential customer an answer like that.