Genetically Engineered Corn May Reduce Fertility

Help Support CattleToday:

Well I volunteer to be a test subject because my cattle have had a lot of Round-up Ready corn including grazing the complete plant. As far as fertility, all calves were born in a 21 day period.

Grazing_Strip_Tilled_Corn_on_Corn_new_front_w_ear_IMG_3106.jpg

Grazing_Strip_Tilled_Standing_High_Moisture_Corn_102708_IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_4179_2.JPG

IMG_3695_4.JPG

Grazed_Strip_Tilled_Standing_High_Moisture_Corn_10-27-08_IMG_3102.jpg

The above is all 100% RR corn. I had a breeding soundness exam done on my bull after a winter and spring on a lot of RR corn and the vet said he passed with flying colors. I checked the microscope and there were lots of live swimmers in there.

I put this in the same category as the recent idea promoted by some that you will somehow fight global warming by becoming a vegetarian...putting together a bunch of uninformed half truths and ignoring a lot of other facts and data to try to make a particular viewpoint seem valid.

I will bet you the people who wrote this report have little or no actual agricultural experience.

I don't think this is a liberal vs conservative thing at all. something very different I don't want to get started on this time of the afternoon. This is my plan - continuous RR corn for the forseeable future so I am doing my own research. I am not worried at all.

Jim

If it really causes a decline in fertility, then there is a huge trailer park just east of here where I would like for someone to deliver this product in bulk...

Latest posts