Genetic Engineering High School Project

Help Support CattleToday:

theonlyandre

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Andreas Christodoulou, and I am a high school student doing a biology project on genetic engineering with milk and livestock and I was wondering if I could get an interview. Thanks a lot. Please add any sort of job titles or degrees if you can because that it required. Thanks

Questions:

1.What kind of enzymes are used in the cattle to produce better quality milk?

2. What is the benefit of using omega-3 fatty acids in milk cows?

3. What is pasteurization and irradiation and is it used in your product?

4.Should one use pesticides and herbicides and how is this factored in to the health of the cows?

5. Are methods for treating the genetic disease Mad Cow desease tended to and how is it found early.

Unless you're comparing answers from various sources, you can find the info for 1, 2, half of 3, and 5 just by doing a google search.

As to 3 - pasturization is required legally in most states. Some states have loopholes and/or allowances for raw milk sales, but most don't. Pasturization is generally done off-farm at the creamery or other co-op where milk is sent; farmer has a contract and milk is picked up daily or every other day. So the answer to that question is going to be both yes and no from most people you talk to - yes it's required, no they don't do it themselves.

No job title here that's relevant; milkmaid when I'm home, college student when I'm not.

Latest posts