Genetic color question

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":38qatc9g said:
They can have more red than white too just as blk and whites very in color patterns so do red and whites. I just had to share the pic of my twin heifers ,I have spoken about them quite a bit throughout my years here on CT. Bart died at 3 months of age from a birth defect, her liver was not attached to the main artery . After many health problems she died on my lap as we rushed her to the vet, we had her posted and that is when we found out that she had been lucky to have lived at all. Her and her sister had to be with each other always ,if I separated them they would not drink or eat. That says something about twins, they were also almost symmetrical in color patterns.

Here is another pic of a R&W Holstein , she has more red.
good-Maud-redLarge.jpg

She's beautiful Hillsdown! Now I'm at a loss for description, I thought it would be easier that itt is. Pictures really are worth a thousand words..... The more I look at the Holsteins the more I'm now wondering if she is a red Holstein and not a cross. Dairy man said that the heifer dam was supposed to have a pure Holstein calf but figured it was a cross with the red color. Are their DNA tests to see what breed or mix of breeds dairy cattle are?
Valerie