Generic Ivermectin

Help Support CattleToday:

kb5iod

Reaction score
Has anyone used the generic Ivermectin pour-on wormer that comes with a yellow and red label and a clear container? How were the results? I bought a gallon this morning at the local farm store. I thought the price was a mistake until someone at the counter verified it.

If its the brand I'm thinking of its ok. I used some similar sounding stuff before and I had the same reults as regular Ivomec. Whats the brand on the bottle ?

Same stuff I use for poor on. If you buy the 1 liter you get a despenser with it. I use the 1 gallon to refill the 1 liter. But I don,t think it will get flukes.

They gave me a tube that goes into the jug with a fitting on top for a gun. If my math is correct, one gallon will de-worm about 68 head of 1200lb cows. That puts the cost of this stuff at about $1 per head. I may go ahead and buy another jug and have on hand. Expiration is in '09.

I have used generic pour ons and injectables in the past with no problems. After comparing the label on the pour on once I did notice that with the generic the cows had to be dry and stay dry for 24 hours, no rain. The Merial product (Ivomec) you could apply it in the rain. I find that it is true, most times you get what you pay for.

Alan

I used it on my cow's and heifer's with good result's used it on my bull when i brought him home in December and now i think he has lice.I am going to hit him with cydecton injectable.

rattler

Where can you get 5L for 69.00??? I tried to buy 5L at Atwoods today but they were sold out. I think it was priced at $118..

Cow_Town":118jfs3e said:
Yep, Durvet is it. Its just as good as the high dollar stuff in my oppinion.

I am not trying to step on anyones toes here but find this to be FALSE. Do an egg count or talk to a vet that has performed tests on fecal samples. He or she will prove this to be FALSE. If cost is an issue go to one time a year on cows or just give it to the calves. They are the ones that are more prone to get them anyway. Cows will build ammunity. That does not mean one or all will not get wormy. Take fecal samples. Are you really sure a cow needs the wormer. If it has been dry for an extended time she more than likely does not. I have said it befor. herd health and nutrician are not the places to skimp out and go cheap. Find some were else in your organization to do this.

Latest posts