Generator

Help Support CattleToday:

Sure would be tempted to look at this generator. Duel fuel would be useful.

https://www.amazon.com/Duromax-XP10000EH-Hybrid-Generator-50-State/dp/B00Y1DMW2G/ref=asc_df_B00Y1DMW2G/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584413745002315&psc=1

Good as any. Those have the Honda clone engines. They are heavy and fairly loud.

Bought my dad one for Christmas a few years ago. Haven't used it since. It has provisions for an electric start, and can also be converted to run on propane.

I do wish it had an auto idle, but you can only get that in an inverter generator.

It will run a welder at <100 amps.

Caustic Burno said:
rnh2 said:
Looking at a 9000 watt predator. What's y'all's experience?

Generac

My sister and I went together and bought a Generac at the local volunteer fire department auction in October of 2018. It already had gas in it. I put it in the shed and kinda forgot about it until a week or so ago when there was talk about a hurricane possibly headed our way. My son and I got it out of the shed to see if we could get it to start. I wasn't optimistic after it sitting almost 2 years with gas in it.

It started the first time I pulled the rope. It ran rough for a few minutes, but then smoothed out and ran until I shut it off.

I'm never buying another gas engine if I can help it
I picked up a brand new, never fired Mitsubishi 10kw diesel with a Stamford 120/240/480 1ph/3ph generator for $1500, I had to build a frame for it, but that thing will last for ever
I have a Yanmar 5500W diesel, coldest day of the year, every year I go pull on the starter rope.. starts first pull every year at -15F, no glow plugs, no ether, nothing

my buddy has one..good unit..quiet...I bought the champion 9500 cuz the predator was impossible to find..never n stock..its also a solid unit...200$ more tho..899 delivered from amazon

Putting in a commercial gate operator today.
The electrician I hired was using a predator 9000 w. With electric start. So I ask for you. He had nothing bad to say. Light enough one guy can get it in and out of the back of truck to.

Predator or Champion is probably the way to go. Hondas are the best but unless you need a generator that absolutely has to run they've priced themselves out. Last I looked you could buy 3 predators to on Honda.

I've always heard the Predator is pretty much a Honda clone. Pretty sure there are videos on Youtube where they take them apart and compare the two. It seems the only advantage the Hondas have any more is that they're quiet.

I have a champion and know at least 10 other people with them. We have great luck with them and I don't use mine often.

I dont have a predator generator but I have a trash pump from harbor freight that was dirt cheap. I threw oil and gas in it probably 5 years ago or better and it fired up first crank. It has never missed a beat. I use it seasonally and then it sits. It pisses me off that if my high dollar honda motor on my air comp sits for 30 days it goes crap but that cheapo pump and generator can sit for 8 months and fire up no problem. My next air comp will be from HF.

Latest posts