Generating Municipal Income

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
Which tickets did he not get?

Fla. man issued 50 traffic citations in one day

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. – Elvis has left the vehicle. A man was arrested on more than 50 traffic citations — all in one day. Police said Elvis Alonzo Barrett, 46, fled from police trying to stop him for a traffic violation Thursday morning. Police said he ran through red lights, crashed into another car and a fence. Police said they found crack cocaine and a crack pipe in his car.

Barrett faces several charges, including fleeing and eluding and reckless driving.

He was also issued more than 50 traffic citations on charges including speeding, running red lights, and not wearing a seat belt.

Police said Barrett has a lengthy criminal history and his driver license was suspended.

A phone number listed for him was not in service Thursday night.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090206/ap_ ... bad_driver

Cops don't like it when you run, because then they have to run. When they catch you, they will scour the books for chargeable offenses. "throw the book at you". You won't run away next time. This guy won't live long enough to pay his fines.

Generating Municipal Income is what it's all about. I had prosecuted someone a few weeks ago for some damage done to my property and had to sit in city court for about 3 hours. In that 3 hour period, the city levied over $40,000 worth of fines on people, plus 12 + months of probation each.

Talk about a money racket.... we're in the wrong business.

grannysoo":1rynwm27 said:
Generating Municipal Income is what it's all about. I had prosecuted someone a few weeks ago for some damage done to my property and had to sit in city court for about 3 hours. In that 3 hour period, the city levied over $40,000 worth of fines on people, plus 12 + months of probation each.

Talk about a money racket.... we're in the wrong business.

Imagine if you were a law enforcement officer (DEA or Trooper, etc.) for the State of California since they are laying off many empoyees for two days per month according to the recent news. It would be time for the state to generate additional income.

Its gotten terrible around here. We have a train track that runs through the town and the train runs on it every Thursday. The tracks and the train are in such disrepair that the train can't go but 5 mph. We now have a state trooper sitting in a parking lot behind a wharehouse citing people for running the stop sign. Heck, even the police don't stop. That is why I think the city has talked the state into enforcing it. Trooper wrote 200 tickets in one month. All charges were dropped if the fine was paid. Racket?!? I think so.

Latest posts