General Motors

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":2lpi89n4 said:
missed my shot by one day...wouldnt transact til today and theyre offa the stk mrkt...dammit...back to werk :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Not really, you can still buy (or sell) GM stock, it just trades under a different symbol, (gmgmq) in the pink sheets for about 70 cents at the moment.

Be aware, when (if) it comes out of bankruptcy, the old stock will go away and new stock will be issued. Meaning the government, Canadian government, UAW, and certain bondholders will be issued the "new" stock. "Old" stockholders will then have their wallpaper or toilet paper, just depends on what you need at the time. :p

I had a phone call from a client I had showed some farmland to a couple of years ago. He called me in January and asked me about the situation of real estate in Texas. He lived at the time in Ohio and moved to Florida instead of Texas because his children and grandchildren live there. Anyway, he wanted to know if the prices were still holding up here because, and get this, his son and daughter-in-law, each with engineering degrees, worked for GM and they had already told him GM was going to file bankruptcy in June. Obviously they had some inside information that was not being made public as they took our money.

john250":z3akduni said:
Obama's Iraq. GM is easy to get in, hard to get out.
This WSJ link is their opinion, but it's well worth a read. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1243812 ... torialPage

How many new GM cars and or truck are you going to buy in the next five years?

Also, say you had a choice, a $25K Ford or a $20K GM with similar equipment. Which one would you select, if any?

HerefordSire":mbo9l9mh said:
Also, say you had a choice, a $25K Ford or a $20K GM with similar equipment. Which one would you select, if any?

If you can find a Ford for $25K that is big enough to pull my trailers, I'm ready to write the check. The caterpillar is a little guy. It only weighs 17,000 and the trailer weighs 4950. I don't know what the Massey weighs but it is only slightly more. The hoe is slightly less.

HerefordSire":2m7lfphj said:

Have noththing that needs replacing now or in the next 5 years.

$25k Ford or a $20k GM - at todays prices, neither are the type of vehicle I would be interested in. However, if that price reflects a 50 - 60% price cut off of last years price and it would be a useable as a farm truck - show me the truck and I would make a pick.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will not be looking to buy a NEW Ford or GM vehicle between now and the next 5 years, or any other for that matter. The last one was not new and I suspect the next won't be either. Actually, my next new purchase would most likely be a Kubota or Kawasaki mule.

backhoeboogie":2xozmfyt said:
HerefordSire":2xozmfyt said:

If you can find a Ford for $25K that is big enough to pull my trailers, I'm ready to write the check. The caterpillar is a little guy. It only weighs 17,000 and the trailer weighs 4950. I don't know what the Massey weighs but it is only slightly more. The hoe is slightly less.

I was referring to 10 year old one tons. Do you need my routing and account number? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously, there are going to be many sales to peple like yourself that need to get a tough job done. Ford Tough!

1982vett":6pwmwmo9 said:
HerefordSire":6pwmwmo9 said:

Have noththing that needs replacing now or in the next 5 years.

$25k Ford or a $20k GM - at todays prices, neither are the type of vehicle I would be interested in. However, if that price reflects a 50 - 60% price cut off of last years price and it would be a useable as a farm truck - show me the truck and I would make a pick.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will not be looking to buy a NEW Ford or GM vehicle between now and the next 5 years, or any other for that matter. The last one was not new and I suspect the next won't be either. Actually, my next new purchase would most likely be a Kubota or Kawasaki mule.

I will never buy a GM product ever again. I am thinking about going Oriental since they may not have pensions. I don't have a pension, why should I pay for someone else to have one (if I have a choice).

comparably the chevys are more comfy..the fords more reliable probly and the dodges are more heavy duty...that said i wont buy anything i cant werk on myself...i guess thats why everything i own is a 2002 or older...

i just wanna make some money offa the bailout is all....

gm is not general motors..its govt owned...how can it lose money now

Oh it can loose money but it's new majority owner has a printing press that that others don't have.

HerefordSire":38xvysek said:

None. Also not going to be buying any Fords or Chryslers or Toyotas or Hondas, or anything else for that matter. We've got an 8 year old Lincoln that looks brand new and a 5 year old Chevy 1 ton that is in great shape too. Why spend $50K on a new vehicle when the ones we have do good?

Maintenance is a cheap investment.

grannysoo":2zhts8az said:
HerefordSire":2zhts8az said:

None. Also not going to be buying any Fords or Chryslers or Toyotas or Hondas, or anything else for that matter. We've got an 8 year old Lincoln that looks brand new and a 5 year old Chevy 1 ton that is in great shape too. Why spend $50K on a new vehicle when the ones we have do good?

When I invite you to one of my next several weddings, could you please park your verhicle behind the barn and get there a little early? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

grannysoo":2vui4ue7 said:
HerefordSire":2vui4ue7 said:

I certainly agree with that. Eight years old is new in my book. Five certainly is with decent maintenance.

Talking to a man recently who got almost 500,000 out of a Bronco when the head gasket blew. I appeciate that kind of milage.

Latest posts